Dec 7, 2011, 7:33 PM EST
Scott Kazmir, who sat out the rest of the season after being let go by the Angels in June, began his comeback in the Dominican Winter League with an ugly outing Wednesday. He gave up four runs while retiring just one batter for Escogido.
Kazmir made only one start (5 ER in 1 2/3 IP) for the Angels last season before being shuffled off to the disabled list and, later, to the waiver wire. He went 9-15 with a 5.94 ERA in 28 starts in 2010. His best slider is long gone, and his struggles at finding a consistent release point have left him with very little in the way of command. While he’s just turning 28 in January, he may be done as a major league pitcher.
- Report: Red Sox make $95 million offer to Pablo Sandoval 76
- White Sox sign Adam LaRoche to two-year, $25 million deal 35
- Report: Red Sox offer Jon Lester six years, $110-120 million 72
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” 130
- A’s sign Billy Butler to three-year, $30 million contract 84
- Cardinals reportedly joining pursuit of Jon Lester 65
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. 148
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal 157
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal (157)
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. (148)
- Blue Jays sign Russell Martin to five-year, $82 million deal (135)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)
- Sexual assualt charges reinstated against Tigers pitcher Evan Reed (129)