Dec 7, 2011, 10:37 AM EST
Closing time: Ken Rosenthal tweets that the Marlins have made their final offer to Albert Pujols. There is a the prospect of an additional meeting, but if no other offer comes out of it, you’d have to think that Pujols and his agent will accept the Cards’ substantially similar offer to stay in town.
Three years at the Winter Meetings and no single player or story has dominated like this one has. If Pujols signs today we’re gonna all have to find something to do.
- Rockies acquire Brett Anderson from A’s 11
- D’backs, Angels, White Sox agree to three-team Mark Trumbo deal 62
- Ranking MLB managers by . . . handsomeness 74
- Curtis Granderson: “A lot of people have told me real New Yorkers are Mets fans” 60
- The Phillies have told teams they’d trade Cliff Lee and Cole Hamels 53
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi (110)