Dec 7, 2011, 10:37 AM EDT
Closing time: Ken Rosenthal tweets that the Marlins have made their final offer to Albert Pujols. There is a the prospect of an additional meeting, but if no other offer comes out of it, you’d have to think that Pujols and his agent will accept the Cards’ substantially similar offer to stay in town.
Three years at the Winter Meetings and no single player or story has dominated like this one has. If Pujols signs today we’re gonna all have to find something to do.
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 0
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 14
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 24
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 64
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 66
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 22
- Unknown Cuban ballplayer sleeps outside of Dodger Stadium, hoping for a tryout 34
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 74
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (202)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Joe Girardi would like Carlos Gomez to “play the game right” (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)