Dec 7, 2011, 10:37 AM EDT
Closing time: Ken Rosenthal tweets that the Marlins have made their final offer to Albert Pujols. There is a the prospect of an additional meeting, but if no other offer comes out of it, you’d have to think that Pujols and his agent will accept the Cards’ substantially similar offer to stay in town.
Three years at the Winter Meetings and no single player or story has dominated like this one has. If Pujols signs today we’re gonna all have to find something to do.
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 7
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 6
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 28
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 8
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 10
- In the wake of the Miguel Cabrera injury the Tigers have few good options 20
- Mets general manager Sandy Alderson says Terry Collins’ job is safe 11
- Calf injury sends Miguel Cabrera to the disabled list for the first time in his career 7
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)