Dec 7, 2011, 10:37 AM EDT
Closing time: Ken Rosenthal tweets that the Marlins have made their final offer to Albert Pujols. There is a the prospect of an additional meeting, but if no other offer comes out of it, you’d have to think that Pujols and his agent will accept the Cards’ substantially similar offer to stay in town.
Three years at the Winter Meetings and no single player or story has dominated like this one has. If Pujols signs today we’re gonna all have to find something to do.
- Brian Matusz suspended eight games for a foreign substance 0
- Settling the Scores: Memorial Day Edition 28
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 25
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 22
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 19
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 38
- Josh Hamilton will join the Rangers on Monday 6
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)