Dec 8, 2011, 10:30 AM EST
Here’s a palate-cleanser from the hot stove league: TMZ reports that James Loney was arrested last month after crashing his Maserati into three cars and spitting at a police officer.
In other news, people have paid James Loney enough money to play baseball over the years that he can afford a Maserati. That’s fair.
According to the story, Loney was arrested on November 14 after hitting a Toyota, Mercedes and a Mini. When officers arrived on the scene of the crash, Loney was handcuffed and taken to a hospital for breathalyzer and blood tests, which came back negative for drugs and alcohol. He was not charged with a crime.
Meanwhile, the Dodgers have until December 12 to decide whether to tender him a contract for next season. And Ned Colletti thinks that Loney is gonna hit a lot of home runs. All kinds of crazy stuff happening with him.
- Yasmany Tomas signs a six-year, $68.5 million deal with the Diamondbacks 86
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap 163
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 35
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 68
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 43
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 26
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap (163)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (140)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (138)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)