Dec 8, 2011, 10:30 AM EDT
Here’s a palate-cleanser from the hot stove league: TMZ reports that James Loney was arrested last month after crashing his Maserati into three cars and spitting at a police officer.
In other news, people have paid James Loney enough money to play baseball over the years that he can afford a Maserati. That’s fair.
According to the story, Loney was arrested on November 14 after hitting a Toyota, Mercedes and a Mini. When officers arrived on the scene of the crash, Loney was handcuffed and taken to a hospital for breathalyzer and blood tests, which came back negative for drugs and alcohol. He was not charged with a crime.
Meanwhile, the Dodgers have until December 12 to decide whether to tender him a contract for next season. And Ned Colletti thinks that Loney is gonna hit a lot of home runs. All kinds of crazy stuff happening with him.
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (116)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (106)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (92)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (81)
- Albert Pujols doesn’t matter anymore (73)
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement
- Posnanski on Golf: Sergio shows disdain for Tiger
- HBT: Soriano calls out Harper after blown save
- PHT: Sharks take Game 4, pull even with Kings
- PBT: Cavs win NBA draft lottery, will pick No. 1
- PBT: Nick Gilbert again Cavs' good luck charm