Dec 8, 2011, 10:30 AM EDT
Here’s a palate-cleanser from the hot stove league: TMZ reports that James Loney was arrested last month after crashing his Maserati into three cars and spitting at a police officer.
In other news, people have paid James Loney enough money to play baseball over the years that he can afford a Maserati. That’s fair.
According to the story, Loney was arrested on November 14 after hitting a Toyota, Mercedes and a Mini. When officers arrived on the scene of the crash, Loney was handcuffed and taken to a hospital for breathalyzer and blood tests, which came back negative for drugs and alcohol. He was not charged with a crime.
Meanwhile, the Dodgers have until December 12 to decide whether to tender him a contract for next season. And Ned Colletti thinks that Loney is gonna hit a lot of home runs. All kinds of crazy stuff happening with him.
- 2015 Preview: Philadelphia Phillies 14
- 2015 Preview: Cincinnati Reds 41
- The average Major League Baseball salary this year will be more than $4 million — a record 22
- 2015 Preview: Tampa Bay Rays 18
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 70
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 8
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 69
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 26
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (91)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (90)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)