Dec 8, 2011, 10:30 AM EST
Here’s a palate-cleanser from the hot stove league: TMZ reports that James Loney was arrested last month after crashing his Maserati into three cars and spitting at a police officer.
In other news, people have paid James Loney enough money to play baseball over the years that he can afford a Maserati. That’s fair.
According to the story, Loney was arrested on November 14 after hitting a Toyota, Mercedes and a Mini. When officers arrived on the scene of the crash, Loney was handcuffed and taken to a hospital for breathalyzer and blood tests, which came back negative for drugs and alcohol. He was not charged with a crime.
Meanwhile, the Dodgers have until December 12 to decide whether to tender him a contract for next season. And Ned Colletti thinks that Loney is gonna hit a lot of home runs. All kinds of crazy stuff happening with him.
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (109)