Dec 8, 2011, 10:30 AM EST
Here’s a palate-cleanser from the hot stove league: TMZ reports that James Loney was arrested last month after crashing his Maserati into three cars and spitting at a police officer.
In other news, people have paid James Loney enough money to play baseball over the years that he can afford a Maserati. That’s fair.
According to the story, Loney was arrested on November 14 after hitting a Toyota, Mercedes and a Mini. When officers arrived on the scene of the crash, Loney was handcuffed and taken to a hospital for breathalyzer and blood tests, which came back negative for drugs and alcohol. He was not charged with a crime.
Meanwhile, the Dodgers have until December 12 to decide whether to tender him a contract for next season. And Ned Colletti thinks that Loney is gonna hit a lot of home runs. All kinds of crazy stuff happening with him.
- Zack Greinke hasn’t made decision about opt-out 5
- Someone apparently got Jayson Werth’s autograph in jail 19
- Chris Davis opens up about his Adderall suspension: “It was a moment of weakness” 55
- MLB.com names Byron Buxton as baseball’s top prospect for second straight year 42
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants 103
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 48
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 39
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 173
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (173)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants (105)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (85)