Dec 8, 2011, 10:15 AM EST
Ohlendorf was much better than his 1-11 record in 2010, posting a 4.07 ERA in 108 innings, but his ERA ballooned to 8.15 ERA in 39 innings this year and he missed most of the season with shoulder and back injuries.
As a 29-year-old pitcher with a 4.77 career ERA in 393 innings Ohlendorf should be able to land a major-league deal elsewhere, assuming he’s healthy.
- Blue Jays acquire Josh Donaldson in a trade with the Athletics 4
- Report: Athletics working on a trade 20
- Yasmany Tomas signs a six-year, $68.5 million deal with the Diamondbacks 87
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap 164
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 35
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 68
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 43
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 26
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap (164)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (140)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (138)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)