Dec 8, 2011, 10:15 AM EDT
Ohlendorf was much better than his 1-11 record in 2010, posting a 4.07 ERA in 108 innings, but his ERA ballooned to 8.15 ERA in 39 innings this year and he missed most of the season with shoulder and back injuries.
As a 29-year-old pitcher with a 4.77 career ERA in 393 innings Ohlendorf should be able to land a major-league deal elsewhere, assuming he’s healthy.
- Yankees activate Mark Teixeira from the disabled list 0
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 19
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 31
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 92
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 24
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (99)