Dec 8, 2011, 11:05 AM EST
This morning I dismissed the idea that the Angels could get both Albert Pujols and C.J. Wilson. As always, ignore whatever I say, because Joel Sherman just tweeted that the Angels have landed Wilson too.
Jon Heyman reports that it’s for five years and $75 million. UPDATE: it’s actually $77.5 million.
Allow me to observe that that actually sounds fairly reasonable. I was sort of expecting someone to massively overpay for Wilson. But really, 5/$75M is not terrible.
Anyway, it’s not official — it’s the word from some unnamed rival executive — but Sherman sounds pretty confident about it. MLB Network has picked it up.
Mercy. The Angels are goin’ nuts.
- Roy Halladay is retiring 44
- Tony La Russa Bobby Cox, Joe Torre all unanimously elected to the Hall of Fame 32
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 50
- Rakuten Golden Eagles appear likely to allow Masahiro Tanaka’s departure to MLB 46
- 2013 Winter Meetings Preview 23
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (112)