Dec 8, 2011, 11:05 AM EDT
This morning I dismissed the idea that the Angels could get both Albert Pujols and C.J. Wilson. As always, ignore whatever I say, because Joel Sherman just tweeted that the Angels have landed Wilson too.
Jon Heyman reports that it’s for five years and $75 million. UPDATE: it’s actually $77.5 million.
Allow me to observe that that actually sounds fairly reasonable. I was sort of expecting someone to massively overpay for Wilson. But really, 5/$75M is not terrible.
Anyway, it’s not official — it’s the word from some unnamed rival executive — but Sherman sounds pretty confident about it. MLB Network has picked it up.
Mercy. The Angels are goin’ nuts.
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare 119
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million 78
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 28
- The Nationals extend their winning streak to 10 games with another walk-off victory 12
- Garrett Richards out 6-9 months with torn patellar tendon 14
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. 92
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 82
- Garrett Richards suffers ugly left knee injury 28
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (116)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (82)