Dec 8, 2011, 11:05 AM EDT
This morning I dismissed the idea that the Angels could get both Albert Pujols and C.J. Wilson. As always, ignore whatever I say, because Joel Sherman just tweeted that the Angels have landed Wilson too.
Jon Heyman reports that it’s for five years and $75 million. UPDATE: it’s actually $77.5 million.
Allow me to observe that that actually sounds fairly reasonable. I was sort of expecting someone to massively overpay for Wilson. But really, 5/$75M is not terrible.
Anyway, it’s not official — it’s the word from some unnamed rival executive — but Sherman sounds pretty confident about it. MLB Network has picked it up.
Mercy. The Angels are goin’ nuts.
- Masahiro Tanaka to pitch on Sunday 7
- Astros shut down George Springer for the season 0
- The Blue Jays will make a qualifying offer to Melky Cabrera 16
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 34
- MLB suspends Jonathan Papelbon seven games for incident during Sunday’s game 42
- VIDEO: Jacob deGrom begins game with eight straight strikeouts to tie MLB record 11
- Bud Selig says MLB and players union will meet this week about domestic abuse policy 8
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 67
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- A few thoughts about the discrimination lawsuit against the Mets (91)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (88)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)