Dec 8, 2011, 11:05 AM EDT
This morning I dismissed the idea that the Angels could get both Albert Pujols and C.J. Wilson. As always, ignore whatever I say, because Joel Sherman just tweeted that the Angels have landed Wilson too.
Jon Heyman reports that it’s for five years and $75 million. UPDATE: it’s actually $77.5 million.
Allow me to observe that that actually sounds fairly reasonable. I was sort of expecting someone to massively overpay for Wilson. But really, 5/$75M is not terrible.
Anyway, it’s not official — it’s the word from some unnamed rival executive — but Sherman sounds pretty confident about it. MLB Network has picked it up.
Mercy. The Angels are goin’ nuts.
- Yordano Ventura ejected for hitting Brett Lawrie with a pitch 0
- Pete Rose joins FOX as a baseball analyst 14
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 55
- Josh Hamilton’s teammates say he’s in great shape and ready to play 28
- Mike Trout hit his 100th career home run to become the youngest member of the 100 HR/100 SB club 26
- Make that two: Alex Rodriguez hits second homer of the night, giving him 658 for his career 46
- Alex Rodriguez hit his 657th career home run 48
- Let’s all just stare at Kris Bryant’s numbers for a while 28
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)