Dec 8, 2011, 11:05 AM EDT
This morning I dismissed the idea that the Angels could get both Albert Pujols and C.J. Wilson. As always, ignore whatever I say, because Joel Sherman just tweeted that the Angels have landed Wilson too.
Jon Heyman reports that it’s for five years and $75 million. UPDATE: it’s actually $77.5 million.
Allow me to observe that that actually sounds fairly reasonable. I was sort of expecting someone to massively overpay for Wilson. But really, 5/$75M is not terrible.
Anyway, it’s not official — it’s the word from some unnamed rival executive — but Sherman sounds pretty confident about it. MLB Network has picked it up.
Mercy. The Angels are goin’ nuts.
- Playoff Reset: Both AL Division Series Get Underway 14
- Madison Bumgarner delivers a shutout as Giants roll past Pirates in NL Wild Card Game 15
- Angels announce ALDS rotation: Jered Weaver in Game 1, Matt Shoemaker for Game 2 2
- The beauty of belief 52
- MLB to test new pace-of-play rules in the Arizona Fall League — including a pitch clock 44
- Playoff Reset: The National League Wild Card Game 15
- Video: Salvador Perez walks off Royals in Wild Card Game 3
- Small ball prevails … in a 9-8 game 25
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Barry Bonds discovered to be “glassing” — it’s just as bad as you think (90)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (85)
- Ned Yost on the sixth inning and his bullpen usage: “its just one of those things” (82)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (80)