Dec 8, 2011, 9:46 AM EDT
When you hear about a team being in on two big free agents it’s usually an either/or situation, with one of them being the fallback. We’ve seen the Marlins want it all so far, but now another team is going all Veruca Salt: the Angels, who Ken Rosenthal says want both C.J. Wilson and Albert Pujols.
That seems kind of nutty to me, especially given how much money they still owe dudes like Vernon Wells. Rumors are rumors and they’re very cheap right now. I suspect that this is just something people are speculating about as they wait for something to happen, not some part of an actual scheme by the Angels to pay over $300 million for a couple of guys.
- Boston Marathon heroes remembered with pregame ceremony at Fenway Park 0
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple 108
- Yankees activate Mark Teixeira from the disabled list 2
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 26
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 35
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (110)