Dec 8, 2011, 9:46 AM EDT
When you hear about a team being in on two big free agents it’s usually an either/or situation, with one of them being the fallback. We’ve seen the Marlins want it all so far, but now another team is going all Veruca Salt: the Angels, who Ken Rosenthal says want both C.J. Wilson and Albert Pujols.
That seems kind of nutty to me, especially given how much money they still owe dudes like Vernon Wells. Rumors are rumors and they’re very cheap right now. I suspect that this is just something people are speculating about as they wait for something to happen, not some part of an actual scheme by the Angels to pay over $300 million for a couple of guys.
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 54
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 66
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 80
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 66
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 22
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 114
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 55
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (116)