Dec 8, 2011, 9:46 AM EST
When you hear about a team being in on two big free agents it’s usually an either/or situation, with one of them being the fallback. We’ve seen the Marlins want it all so far, but now another team is going all Veruca Salt: the Angels, who Ken Rosenthal says want both C.J. Wilson and Albert Pujols.
That seems kind of nutty to me, especially given how much money they still owe dudes like Vernon Wells. Rumors are rumors and they’re very cheap right now. I suspect that this is just something people are speculating about as they wait for something to happen, not some part of an actual scheme by the Angels to pay over $300 million for a couple of guys.
- Media paying for athlete interviews? Not likely. But watch this stuff closely anyway. 9
- Rockies acquire Brett Anderson from A’s 12
- D’backs, Angels, White Sox agree to three-team Mark Trumbo deal 64
- Ranking MLB managers by . . . handsomeness 81
- Curtis Granderson: “A lot of people have told me real New Yorkers are Mets fans” 61
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi (110)