Dec 8, 2011, 9:46 AM EST
When you hear about a team being in on two big free agents it’s usually an either/or situation, with one of them being the fallback. We’ve seen the Marlins want it all so far, but now another team is going all Veruca Salt: the Angels, who Ken Rosenthal says want both C.J. Wilson and Albert Pujols.
That seems kind of nutty to me, especially given how much money they still owe dudes like Vernon Wells. Rumors are rumors and they’re very cheap right now. I suspect that this is just something people are speculating about as they wait for something to happen, not some part of an actual scheme by the Angels to pay over $300 million for a couple of guys.
- What will the future of Cuban players in MLB look like? 17
- Royals sign Edinson Volquez for two years, $20 million 27
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade 91
- Sergio Romo re-signs with the Giants for $15 million 15
- So, apparently we’re sweating the Matt Kemp physical now 46
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba 144
- Marlins complete Michael Morse deal: two years, $16 million 19
- Padres, Rays, Mariners discussing trade involving Wil Myers 36
- Baseball’s highest-ranking Hispanic woman employee sues for discrimination (163)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (110)
- Done Deal: Yoenis Cespedes and two players traded to Detroit for Rick Porcello and a minor leaguer (105)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)