Dec 9, 2011, 5:30 PM EDT
Pittsburgh gave Overbay a one-year, $5 million deal last offseason, but released him in August and the veteran first baseman found a new home in Arizona while hitting well down the stretch.
Presumably the Diamondbacks aren’t interested in blocking Paul Goldschmidt after the slugging 24-year-old played well as a rookie and $1 million for Overbay is certainly bench player money.
Overbay was originally drafted by the Diamondbacks in the 11th round back in 1999 and spent his first season in Arizona before being traded to Milwaukee as part of the massive Richie Sexson-led deal in 2003.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 0
- Cliff Lee placed on DL with recurrence of flexor pronator strain 19
- Winners and losers at the trade deadline 25
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 48
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 136
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 88
- The Lester trade is a win-win 112
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 165
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (165)
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers (136)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (126)
- The Lester trade is a win-win (112)