Dec 9, 2011, 5:30 PM EDT
Pittsburgh gave Overbay a one-year, $5 million deal last offseason, but released him in August and the veteran first baseman found a new home in Arizona while hitting well down the stretch.
Presumably the Diamondbacks aren’t interested in blocking Paul Goldschmidt after the slugging 24-year-old played well as a rookie and $1 million for Overbay is certainly bench player money.
Overbay was originally drafted by the Diamondbacks in the 11th round back in 1999 and spent his first season in Arizona before being traded to Milwaukee as part of the massive Richie Sexson-led deal in 2003.
- Watch live: Red Wings at Blackhawks
- Watch live: Preakness Stakes preview show
- LIVE: Third round of the HP Byron Nelson Championship
- LIVE: Pole Day of Indy 500 qualifying
- LIVE: Action from Hangtown Motocross Classic
- Swimmer Phelps denies comeback rumors
- PHT: No surgery needed for Staal after brutal hit