Dec 9, 2011, 8:05 PM EDT
The two sides had multiple meetings at this week’s Winter Meetings in Dallas, but despite your typical rumor madness, they aren’t yet close to a deal.
The Brewers signed shortstop Alex Gonzalez yesterday, which would seem to take away one of Rollins’ biggest potential suitors. The Cardinals make some sense now that Albert Pujols signed with the Angels, but Derrick Goold of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch wrote this morning that they “would be reluctant to enter the bidding for Rollins” if he doesn’t back down from his desire for a five-year deal. Another thing to think about is that the Cardinals might not want to be used as leverage by Lozano (also Pujols’ agent, if you remember) when most feel he will end up back with the Phillies.
- The Yankees, A-Rod resolve their dispute over the $6 million milestone bonus 9
- Yankees donate $150,000 to charity to get Alex Rodriguez his 3,000th hit ball 14
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno 75
- Settling the Scores: Thursday’s results 52
- Breaking: Cardinals fire their scouting director, likely due to the Astros hacking scandal 61
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 54
- Today is the day: Marlins ace Jose Fernandez returns from Tommy John surgery 4
- A-Rod, the Yankees and the union in talks to direct his $6 million home run bonus to charity 29
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)