Dec 9, 2011, 12:30 PM EDT
As I noted yesterday, the Angels’ offers to Albert Pujols and C.J. Wilson make sense given that they are/were in the process of negotiating a new television deal. Well, Bill Shaikin has the details on it, and everything makes a ton of sense now. The Angels are making a mint.
The deal is for $3 billion over 20 years. That means $150 million a year. The current deal they have is for $50 million a year. You don’t need a calculator to see that those new contracts are more than paid for.
Heck, there’s enough money now to go sign Prince Fielder too. Make him the bullpen catcher or something.
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 0
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 6
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 24
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- 2015 Preview: Pittsburgh Pirates 12
- 2015 Preview: San Diego Padres 22
- MLB is looking into some strange gambling tweets involving Marlins pitcher Jarred Cosart 46
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (114)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras (76)
- Andrew McCutchen cut his hair for the first time in eight years (75)