Dec 9, 2011, 12:30 PM EDT
As I noted yesterday, the Angels’ offers to Albert Pujols and C.J. Wilson make sense given that they are/were in the process of negotiating a new television deal. Well, Bill Shaikin has the details on it, and everything makes a ton of sense now. The Angels are making a mint.
The deal is for $3 billion over 20 years. That means $150 million a year. The current deal they have is for $50 million a year. You don’t need a calculator to see that those new contracts are more than paid for.
Heck, there’s enough money now to go sign Prince Fielder too. Make him the bullpen catcher or something.
- Two radio stations in San Francisco are refusing to play Lorde’s “Royals” during the World Series 21
- Royals tab James Shields, Yordano Ventura to start first two games of World Series 1
- Brian Roberts is retiring 13
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? 117
- Video: Watch Travis Ishikawa’s pennant-winning homer 13
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer 79
- NLCS, Game 5: Cardinals vs. Giants lineups 30
- This team. 30
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (117)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Andrew Friedman leaving the Rays to take over as Dodgers President of Baseball Operations (83)
- Quit making a big deal out of anomalies. Most of what happens is meaningless. (82)
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer (79)