Dec 9, 2011, 12:30 PM EDT
As I noted yesterday, the Angels’ offers to Albert Pujols and C.J. Wilson make sense given that they are/were in the process of negotiating a new television deal. Well, Bill Shaikin has the details on it, and everything makes a ton of sense now. The Angels are making a mint.
The deal is for $3 billion over 20 years. That means $150 million a year. The current deal they have is for $50 million a year. You don’t need a calculator to see that those new contracts are more than paid for.
Heck, there’s enough money now to go sign Prince Fielder too. Make him the bullpen catcher or something.
- Cubs activate Matt Garza for first start in 10 months 0
- Thanks to Jeff Loria, Miami gets shut out of the Super Bowl 18
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. 100
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 64
- Alex Sanabia brings back the spitball in beating the Phillies 54
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (103)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (95)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (92)
- Yankees School of Witchcraft and Wizardry (82)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (81)
- Live Extra: Watch Bruins-Rangers, Game 3
- Durant pledges $1 million for tornado victims
- Golden Super Bowl to Bay Area; LI to Houston
- PBT: Grizzlies aim to stem Spurs' momentum
- CSN: Tiger admits he and Sergio don't get along
- HBT: Yankees buying share of expansion MLS team
- PHT: Kings searching for killer instinct in Game 4