Dec 9, 2011, 10:33 AM EDT
This is interesting inasmuch as the Rays have said that they’re not interested in dealing Shields. It’s possible, of course, that the talks might involve other Rays pitchers like Wade Davis or Jeff Niemann.
Certainly the Rays — and a lot of people — would be interested in Yonder Alonso, and it would behoove the Reds to move him now before everyone realizes that he can’t, you know, play defense anyplace.
- The Cardinals have moved ahead of the Brewers for first place in the National League Central 21
- No-hitter! Four Phillies pitchers combine to blank the Braves 60
- Bo Porter fired by the Astros 53
- Settling the Score: Sunday’s results — and a reminder of what Labor Day is all about 47
- Reds trade setup man Jonathan Broxton to the Brewers 18
- Miguel Cabrera sits Sunday with nagging ankle injury 13
- A’s acquire veteran slugger Adam Dunn from the White Sox 54
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 18
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar (74)