Dec 9, 2011, 10:33 AM EDT
This is interesting inasmuch as the Rays have said that they’re not interested in dealing Shields. It’s possible, of course, that the talks might involve other Rays pitchers like Wade Davis or Jeff Niemann.
Certainly the Rays — and a lot of people — would be interested in Yonder Alonso, and it would behoove the Reds to move him now before everyone realizes that he can’t, you know, play defense anyplace.
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 2
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 2
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 10
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 25
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 11
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 80
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 93
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 72
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (110)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (94)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)