Dec 9, 2011, 11:00 AM EDT
A week or two ago Brandon Phillips tweeted optimistically about working out a contract extension with the Cincinnati Reds. Nothing happened right after that — if I was the Reds I’d be a bit miffed that Phillips was tweeting about that — but it’s being reported by the Cincinnati Enquirer today that the Reds have made an offer.
Nothing seems imminent, but it certainly does seem that the Reds are going to lock up their second baseman at some point in the not-too-distant future.
- VIDEO: Jacob deGrom begins game with eight straight strikeouts to tie MLB record 3
- Bud Selig says MLB and players union will meet this week about domestic abuse policy 3
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 67
- Cuban slugger Yasmani Tomas to command $100 million? 28
- Bruce and Brett Bochy make MLB history 29
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 17
- Zack Greinke homers, Dodgers demolish the Giants 17-0 at AT&T Park 20
- Frank Torre: 1931-2014 6
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- A few thoughts about the discrimination lawsuit against the Mets (91)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (87)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)