Dec 9, 2011, 11:00 AM EDT
A week or two ago Brandon Phillips tweeted optimistically about working out a contract extension with the Cincinnati Reds. Nothing happened right after that — if I was the Reds I’d be a bit miffed that Phillips was tweeting about that — but it’s being reported by the Cincinnati Enquirer today that the Reds have made an offer.
Nothing seems imminent, but it certainly does seem that the Reds are going to lock up their second baseman at some point in the not-too-distant future.
- Cliff Lee placed on DL with recurrence of flexor pronator strain 13
- Winners and losers at the trade deadline 17
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 48
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 134
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 88
- The Lester trade is a win-win 112
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 165
- The State of the Trade Deadline: Yesterday was pretty sleepy. Will general managers wake up today? 40
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (165)
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers (135)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (126)
- The Lester trade is a win-win (112)