Dec 9, 2011, 11:00 AM EST
A week or two ago Brandon Phillips tweeted optimistically about working out a contract extension with the Cincinnati Reds. Nothing happened right after that — if I was the Reds I’d be a bit miffed that Phillips was tweeting about that — but it’s being reported by the Cincinnati Enquirer today that the Reds have made an offer.
Nothing seems imminent, but it certainly does seem that the Reds are going to lock up their second baseman at some point in the not-too-distant future.
- Roy Halladay is retiring 53
- Tony La Russa Bobby Cox, Joe Torre all unanimously elected to the Hall of Fame 43
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 60
- Rakuten Golden Eagles appear likely to allow Masahiro Tanaka’s departure to MLB 49
- 2013 Winter Meetings Preview 23
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (112)