Dec 9, 2011, 11:00 AM EDT
A week or two ago Brandon Phillips tweeted optimistically about working out a contract extension with the Cincinnati Reds. Nothing happened right after that — if I was the Reds I’d be a bit miffed that Phillips was tweeting about that — but it’s being reported by the Cincinnati Enquirer today that the Reds have made an offer.
Nothing seems imminent, but it certainly does seem that the Reds are going to lock up their second baseman at some point in the not-too-distant future.
- Blue Jays fan throws beer at Nate McLouth (123)
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (118)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (116)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (112)
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case (81)
- LIVE: Bruins-Rangers, Game 5
- PST: Bayern Munich beats Dortmund, wins Champions League
- PBT: Pacers' Hill: Only God scarier than LeBron
- Hundreds run Boston Marathon's final mile
- MST Monaco GP predictions: Mercedes' time?
- PHT: Brassard says Marchand shows no respect
- PST: Neymar reportedly set to join Barcelona