Dec 9, 2011, 9:42 AM EDT
Glaus had a .254/.358/.489 batting line and 320 homers over 13 seasons. He could probably still help someone as a bench bat/DH/backup first baseman in the Jason Giambi mode, but you have to figure that once you take a year off to hang with your family like Glaus did, the competitive fires aren’t really burning anymore.
Nice career, Troy. Enjoy your retirement.
- Blue Jays fan throws beer at Nate McLouth (122)
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (118)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (116)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (112)
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case (81)
- Pacers even series with Heat
- Penguins bounce Senators | Highlights
- MST: Rosberg wins pole in Monaco | Highlights
- Tennis.com: Can anyone stop Serena at French?
- Tennis.com: Is French still Nadal's to lose?
- Tigers' Sanchez loses no-hitter in 9th vs. Twins
- PST: Report: Openly gay Rogers to play for Galaxy