Dec 9, 2011, 9:42 AM EDT
Glaus had a .254/.358/.489 batting line and 320 homers over 13 seasons. He could probably still help someone as a bench bat/DH/backup first baseman in the Jason Giambi mode, but you have to figure that once you take a year off to hang with your family like Glaus did, the competitive fires aren’t really burning anymore.
Nice career, Troy. Enjoy your retirement.
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 2
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 13
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 32
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 7
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 13
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 25
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 13
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 81
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (118)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (101)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)