Dec 10, 2011, 2:03 PM EST
ESPN’s Jerry Crasnick reports that the veteran left-hander is drawing interest from multiple teams, including the Red Sox, and is “keeping an open mind” on his destination for next season.
Oliver earned $3.25 million this season while posting a 2.29 ERA and 44/11 K/BB ratio over 51 innings. One of the more unsung middle relievers in the game, he has an outstanding 2.97 ERA since moving to the bullpen full-time in 2006. The 41-year-old was mulling retirement following the World Series, but recently decided to return for his 19th season in the big leagues.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 305
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (305)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” (86)