Dec 10, 2011, 9:31 PM EDT
This one’s … odd.
But thankfully fairly innocent.
From Marc Topkin of the St. Petersburg Times comes word that Rays pitcher David Price was nearly assaulted outside of a Tampa restaurant Friday after confronting a man who was relieving himself on the 26-year-old left-hander’s car.
No one was injured — not Price, nor the man.
Here’s the full run-down of details from Topkin:
After filling glasses as a guest bartender for manager Joe Maddon’s charity event at Tampa’s 717 South restaurant Friday, Rays pitcher David Price walked out to find a man relieving himself on the door of his car.
The man apparently didn’t take kindly to being interrupted — he pushed Price and took a swing at him, but Price said he wisely avoided confrontation, joking he was too quick.
“I was,” Price said, “relieved with how it turned out.”
Price stands 6-foot-6 and weighs over 225 pounds, so he’d match up well in a brawl with a majority of the people on this planet. But the man apparently scurried off after failing to land a single punch.
- The Athletics have a travel-heavy 2016 schedule and unsuccessfully tried to have it altered 4
- Mariners fire general manager Jack Zduriencik 56
- Pedro Martinez wonders if bad chemistry is the reason the Tigers and Mariners are out of contention 46
- Vote of non-confidence: Reds owner says manager Bryan Price won’t be fired before the season is over 21
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 86
- Denard Span headed back to DL with hip inflammation, unlikely to return this season 10
- Report: Barry Bonds loses collusion case against MLB 40
- Jessica Mendoza to sit in for Curt Schilling on Sunday Night Baseball this week 80
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (248)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (169)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (122)