Dec 10, 2011, 9:31 PM EST
This one’s … odd.
But thankfully fairly innocent.
From Marc Topkin of the St. Petersburg Times comes word that Rays pitcher David Price was nearly assaulted outside of a Tampa restaurant Friday after confronting a man who was relieving himself on the 26-year-old left-hander’s car.
No one was injured — not Price, nor the man.
Here’s the full run-down of details from Topkin:
After filling glasses as a guest bartender for manager Joe Maddon’s charity event at Tampa’s 717 South restaurant Friday, Rays pitcher David Price walked out to find a man relieving himself on the door of his car.
The man apparently didn’t take kindly to being interrupted — he pushed Price and took a swing at him, but Price said he wisely avoided confrontation, joking he was too quick.
“I was,” Price said, “relieved with how it turned out.”
Price stands 6-foot-6 and weighs over 225 pounds, so he’d match up well in a brawl with a majority of the people on this planet. But the man apparently scurried off after failing to land a single punch.
- Dan Uggla played through undiagnosed concussion in 2014 14
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 41
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 62
- Report: Hiroki Kuroda is going back to Japan 26
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15