Dec 10, 2011, 9:31 PM EST
This one’s … odd.
But thankfully fairly innocent.
From Marc Topkin of the St. Petersburg Times comes word that Rays pitcher David Price was nearly assaulted outside of a Tampa restaurant Friday after confronting a man who was relieving himself on the 26-year-old left-hander’s car.
No one was injured — not Price, nor the man.
Here’s the full run-down of details from Topkin:
After filling glasses as a guest bartender for manager Joe Maddon’s charity event at Tampa’s 717 South restaurant Friday, Rays pitcher David Price walked out to find a man relieving himself on the door of his car.
The man apparently didn’t take kindly to being interrupted — he pushed Price and took a swing at him, but Price said he wisely avoided confrontation, joking he was too quick.
“I was,” Price said, “relieved with how it turned out.”
Price stands 6-foot-6 and weighs over 225 pounds, so he’d match up well in a brawl with a majority of the people on this planet. But the man apparently scurried off after failing to land a single punch.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 307
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (129)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” (86)