Dec 10, 2011, 9:31 PM EDT
This one’s … odd.
But thankfully fairly innocent.
From Marc Topkin of the St. Petersburg Times comes word that Rays pitcher David Price was nearly assaulted outside of a Tampa restaurant Friday after confronting a man who was relieving himself on the 26-year-old left-hander’s car.
No one was injured — not Price, nor the man.
Here’s the full run-down of details from Topkin:
After filling glasses as a guest bartender for manager Joe Maddon’s charity event at Tampa’s 717 South restaurant Friday, Rays pitcher David Price walked out to find a man relieving himself on the door of his car.
The man apparently didn’t take kindly to being interrupted — he pushed Price and took a swing at him, but Price said he wisely avoided confrontation, joking he was too quick.
“I was,” Price said, “relieved with how it turned out.”
Price stands 6-foot-6 and weighs over 225 pounds, so he’d match up well in a brawl with a majority of the people on this planet. But the man apparently scurried off after failing to land a single punch.
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 10
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 26
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 91
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 24
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (99)