Dec 10, 2011, 12:30 PM EDT
According to Spencer Fordin of MLB.com, Legendary Pictures announced yesterday that Harrison Ford will play Hall of Fame Dodgers’ executive Branch Rickey in a biopic about Jackie Robinson.
Many prominent actors have been mentioned for the role of Rickey over the years, including Robert Redford this past April, but Ford was apparently their top choice. His work in “Cowboys and Aliens” probably put him over the top.
As for Robinson, he’ll be played by the relatively unknown Chadwick Boseman. The 27-year-old has appeared in television shows such as “Lincoln Heights” and NBC’s “Persons Unknown.”
The film, which is appropriated titled “42,” is being written and directed by Brian Helgeland of “L.A. Confidential” and “Mystic River” renown.
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 98
- Astros vendor brings snow cones into bathroom stall, gets fired 49
- Don Mattingly will still be the Dodgers’ manager on Friday 16
- Jake Westbrook feeling lingering discomfort in right elbow 7
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case 75
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (117)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (112)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (98)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (81)
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case (75)
- Lochte says Phelps will return soon
- Tebow fact: He reminds Chuck Norris of Chuck Norris
- LeBron stuns Pacers with OT winner in Game 1
- HBT: Astros vendor fired after taking food into bathroom
- Pens overwhelm Sens, take 3-1 series lead
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement