Dec 11, 2011, 10:00 PM EST
The Angels have seven players for the three outfield spots and DH in the wake of the Albert Pujols signing, but they’re not going to consider trading Peter Bourjos, GM Jerry DiPoto said.
“Peter Bourjos is a guy we’re going to hold,” Dipoto told FOXSports.com. “He’s one of the better defenders in the league, a 0-to-3 (in years of service time). He’s a good player who fits in very well on a good team, makes our pitching staff better. We’re not that motivated to move him right now.”
Ken Rosenthal states that the Rangers and Nationals are among the teams that have asked about Bourjos.
Because of his stellar defense, Bourjos is expected to be an everyday guy in the Angels’ crowded outfield picture. He’ll likely be flanked by Vernon Wells and Torii Hunter, leaving no room for phenom Mike Trout at the moment. And when those three are in the lineup, there will be just one spot available for Bobby Abreu, Kendrys Morales and Mark Trumbo at DH, though Trumbo is expected to audition at third base in March.
- Report: Red Sox make $95 million offer to Pablo Sandoval 72
- White Sox sign Adam LaRoche to two-year, $25 million deal 34
- Report: Red Sox offer Jon Lester six years, $110-120 million 72
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” 130
- A’s sign Billy Butler to three-year, $30 million contract 84
- Cardinals reportedly joining pursuit of Jon Lester 65
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. 148
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal 157
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal (157)
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. (148)
- Blue Jays sign Russell Martin to five-year, $82 million deal (135)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)
- Sexual assualt charges reinstated against Tigers pitcher Evan Reed (128)