Dec 11, 2011, 10:00 PM EDT
The Angels have seven players for the three outfield spots and DH in the wake of the Albert Pujols signing, but they’re not going to consider trading Peter Bourjos, GM Jerry DiPoto said.
“Peter Bourjos is a guy we’re going to hold,” Dipoto told FOXSports.com. “He’s one of the better defenders in the league, a 0-to-3 (in years of service time). He’s a good player who fits in very well on a good team, makes our pitching staff better. We’re not that motivated to move him right now.”
Ken Rosenthal states that the Rangers and Nationals are among the teams that have asked about Bourjos.
Because of his stellar defense, Bourjos is expected to be an everyday guy in the Angels’ crowded outfield picture. He’ll likely be flanked by Vernon Wells and Torii Hunter, leaving no room for phenom Mike Trout at the moment. And when those three are in the lineup, there will be just one spot available for Bobby Abreu, Kendrys Morales and Mark Trumbo at DH, though Trumbo is expected to audition at third base in March.
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 22
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 83
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (83)