Dec 11, 2011, 10:00 PM EDT
The Angels have seven players for the three outfield spots and DH in the wake of the Albert Pujols signing, but they’re not going to consider trading Peter Bourjos, GM Jerry DiPoto said.
“Peter Bourjos is a guy we’re going to hold,” Dipoto told FOXSports.com. “He’s one of the better defenders in the league, a 0-to-3 (in years of service time). He’s a good player who fits in very well on a good team, makes our pitching staff better. We’re not that motivated to move him right now.”
Ken Rosenthal states that the Rangers and Nationals are among the teams that have asked about Bourjos.
Because of his stellar defense, Bourjos is expected to be an everyday guy in the Angels’ crowded outfield picture. He’ll likely be flanked by Vernon Wells and Torii Hunter, leaving no room for phenom Mike Trout at the moment. And when those three are in the lineup, there will be just one spot available for Bobby Abreu, Kendrys Morales and Mark Trumbo at DH, though Trumbo is expected to audition at third base in March.
- Carlos Gomez diagnosed with sprained wrist 1
- Michael Wacha to start Thursday for the Cardinals 3
- We’re not going to pretend that Bo Porter had no idea what he was getting into, are we? 49
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 50
- The Cardinals have moved ahead of the Brewers for first place in the National League Central 34
- No-hitter! Four Phillies pitchers combine to blank the Braves 61
- Bo Porter fired by the Astros 56
- Settling the Score: Sunday’s results — and a reminder of what Labor Day is all about 48
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (221)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar (76)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)