Dec 11, 2011, 10:00 PM EDT
The Angels have seven players for the three outfield spots and DH in the wake of the Albert Pujols signing, but they’re not going to consider trading Peter Bourjos, GM Jerry DiPoto said.
“Peter Bourjos is a guy we’re going to hold,” Dipoto told FOXSports.com. “He’s one of the better defenders in the league, a 0-to-3 (in years of service time). He’s a good player who fits in very well on a good team, makes our pitching staff better. We’re not that motivated to move him right now.”
Ken Rosenthal states that the Rangers and Nationals are among the teams that have asked about Bourjos.
Because of his stellar defense, Bourjos is expected to be an everyday guy in the Angels’ crowded outfield picture. He’ll likely be flanked by Vernon Wells and Torii Hunter, leaving no room for phenom Mike Trout at the moment. And when those three are in the lineup, there will be just one spot available for Bobby Abreu, Kendrys Morales and Mark Trumbo at DH, though Trumbo is expected to audition at third base in March.
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 52
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 11
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 36
- The Blue Jays pick up Ben Revere from the Phillies 62
- Cubs trade for Dan Haren 27
- Cardinals add more bullpen help, get Jonathan Broxton from Brewers 13
- Orioles trade for Brewers outfielder Gerardo Parra 19
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 46
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)
- The Hall of Fame just made a MAJOR change to the Hall of Fame voting process (78)