Dec 11, 2011, 10:00 PM EDT
The Angels have seven players for the three outfield spots and DH in the wake of the Albert Pujols signing, but they’re not going to consider trading Peter Bourjos, GM Jerry DiPoto said.
“Peter Bourjos is a guy we’re going to hold,” Dipoto told FOXSports.com. “He’s one of the better defenders in the league, a 0-to-3 (in years of service time). He’s a good player who fits in very well on a good team, makes our pitching staff better. We’re not that motivated to move him right now.”
Ken Rosenthal states that the Rangers and Nationals are among the teams that have asked about Bourjos.
Because of his stellar defense, Bourjos is expected to be an everyday guy in the Angels’ crowded outfield picture. He’ll likely be flanked by Vernon Wells and Torii Hunter, leaving no room for phenom Mike Trout at the moment. And when those three are in the lineup, there will be just one spot available for Bobby Abreu, Kendrys Morales and Mark Trumbo at DH, though Trumbo is expected to audition at third base in March.
- Alex Gordon and the M-V-P chants 10
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. 184
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 63
- David Price surrenders nine consecutive hits to the Yankees in the worst start of his career 29
- Video: Jorge Soler homers in his first major league at-bat 30
- Adam Wainwright has a “dead arm” 40
- HBT Daily: Alex Gordon and the Royals keep on rolling 12
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 43
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (205)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (145)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (102)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)