Dec 11, 2011, 11:50 AM EST
Ransom posted a stellar .317/.405/.629 batting line with 27 home runs, 29 doubles and 92 RBI in 432 plate appearances this past year at the Triple-A level, also swiping 10 bases in 13 attempts.
The 35-year-old was a flop when Arizona gave him a shot at major league playing time down the stretch, but he’ll function as quality organizational depth in 2012 for a team still unsure about Stephen Drew‘s recovery timetable from ankle and hernia surgeries.
- Report: Two agents rumbled in the parking lot at the Winter Meetings 26
- Mets sign 40-year-old Bartolo Colon for two years, $20 million 38
- MLB rules committee decides to eliminate collisions at home plate 54
- Mariners sign Corey Hart to incentive-laden deal 28
- David Price would not consider an extension with the Mariners if he’s traded there 35
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)