Dec 11, 2011, 1:01 PM EDT
Now, according to Nick Camino of WTAM 1100 in Cleveland, he’s down to Minnesota and Cleveland.
Willingham batted .246/.332/.477 with 29 homers, 26 doubles and 98 RBI in 563 plate appearances this past season for the A’s while earning $6 million.
The 32-year-old corner outfielder represents one of the best remaining bats on the open market this winter. He is thought to be seeking a three-year contract.
- Manny Machado could join the Orioles as soon as next weekend 3
- Michael Pineda suspended 10 games for “foreign substance” 45
- Doc Gooden calls B.S. on people saying pine tar is just to help pitchers get a grip on the ball 87
- Pineda and pine tar: baseball is, once again, sending mixed signals about cheating 126
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 69
- Josh Lueke is a rapist. How often does that bear repeating? (201)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (183)
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension (156)
- Pineda and pine tar: baseball is, once again, sending mixed signals about cheating (126)
- Chipper Jones chimed in on the Carlos Gomez incident (111)