Dec 11, 2011, 1:01 PM EDT
Now, according to Nick Camino of WTAM 1100 in Cleveland, he’s down to Minnesota and Cleveland.
Willingham batted .246/.332/.477 with 29 homers, 26 doubles and 98 RBI in 563 plate appearances this past season for the A’s while earning $6 million.
The 32-year-old corner outfielder represents one of the best remaining bats on the open market this winter. He is thought to be seeking a three-year contract.
- World Series, Game 1: Giants vs. Royals lineups 0
- HBT Daily: In which I waffle on my World Series pick 10
- Must-click link: surviving spring training on $0 a day 68
- Your Official HardballTalk World Series Preview 25
- World Series Reset: Game 1 — finally! — is tonight 30
- HBT Daily: How the Royals and Giants were built 4
- Two radio stations in San Francisco are refusing to play Lorde’s “Royals” during the World Series 40
- Royals tab James Shields, Yordano Ventura to start first two games of World Series 1
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (120)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (107)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (106)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Andrew Friedman leaving the Rays to take over as Dodgers President of Baseball Operations (83)