Dec 12, 2011, 2:24 PM EDT
Back in September we learned that a Dominican Republic hotel owned by former major leaguer Jose Rijo was raided in connection with an investigation into the murder of a journalist. The accused: Matias Avelino Castro, a business associate of Rijo’s.
Seems that since then Rijo has been subpoenaed and wanted for questioning. Except he keeps refusing to show up and now has an arrest warrant out on him. Which technically makes him a fugitive.
That’s pretty astounding. Not as astounding as the fact that he was once involved in the same trade as Tim Birtsas, Jay Howell, Stan Javier, Eric Plunk, Bert Bradley, Rickey Henderson and cash. But still pretty astounding.
- David Price surrenders nine consecutive hits to the Yankees in the worst start of his career 14
- Video: Jorge Soler homers in his first major league at-bat 12
- Adam Wainwright has a “dead arm” 29
- HBT Daily: Alex Gordon and the Royals keep on rolling 12
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 43
- Mariners extend general manager Jack Zduriencik’s contract 14
- Money, money, money (and Bud Selig’s nirvana) 16
- These days, the correlation between payroll and winning is historically weak 61
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (144)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (96)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (94)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)