Dec 12, 2011, 2:24 PM EDT
Back in September we learned that a Dominican Republic hotel owned by former major leaguer Jose Rijo was raided in connection with an investigation into the murder of a journalist. The accused: Matias Avelino Castro, a business associate of Rijo’s.
Seems that since then Rijo has been subpoenaed and wanted for questioning. Except he keeps refusing to show up and now has an arrest warrant out on him. Which technically makes him a fugitive.
That’s pretty astounding. Not as astounding as the fact that he was once involved in the same trade as Tim Birtsas, Jay Howell, Stan Javier, Eric Plunk, Bert Bradley, Rickey Henderson and cash. But still pretty astounding.
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 14
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 23
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 64
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 66
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 22
- Unknown Cuban ballplayer sleeps outside of Dodger Stadium, hoping for a tryout 34
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 74
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 32
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (202)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Joe Girardi would like Carlos Gomez to “play the game right” (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)