Dec 12, 2011, 2:24 PM EDT
Back in September we learned that a Dominican Republic hotel owned by former major leaguer Jose Rijo was raided in connection with an investigation into the murder of a journalist. The accused: Matias Avelino Castro, a business associate of Rijo’s.
Seems that since then Rijo has been subpoenaed and wanted for questioning. Except he keeps refusing to show up and now has an arrest warrant out on him. Which technically makes him a fugitive.
That’s pretty astounding. Not as astounding as the fact that he was once involved in the same trade as Tim Birtsas, Jay Howell, Stan Javier, Eric Plunk, Bert Bradley, Rickey Henderson and cash. But still pretty astounding.
- Royals even up World Series with 7-2 Game 2 victory 21
- Craig Kimbrel wins Trevor Hoffman Award; Greg Holland gets Mariano Rivera Award 5
- World Series, Game 2: Giants vs. Royals lineups 9
- HBT Daily: Are the Royals doomed, doomed, doomed? 11
- Giants inhaling the air of superiority after Game 1 7
- What’s in a name? “Big Game” James did not come up big for Kansas City 22
- World Series Reset: The Royals look to pick themselves up off the mat 8
- Royals’ World Series hopes in Yordano Ventura’s hands 7
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (129)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (121)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (95)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)