Dec 12, 2011, 6:06 PM EST
The Brewers were hoping to keep Saito as recently as last week, but they likely didn’t have much room left in their budget after Francisco Rodriguez accepted arbitration and they elected to fill out the left side of their infield with free agents Alex Gonzalez and Aramis Ramirez.
Saito, who turns 42 in February, posted a 2.03 ERA and 23/9 K/BB ratio over 26 2/3 innings with Milwaukee this past season. He’ll serve as a set-up man to closer J.J. Putz in 2012.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)