Dec 12, 2011, 6:06 PM EDT
The Brewers were hoping to keep Saito as recently as last week, but they likely didn’t have much room left in their budget after Francisco Rodriguez accepted arbitration and they elected to fill out the left side of their infield with free agents Alex Gonzalez and Aramis Ramirez.
Saito, who turns 42 in February, posted a 2.03 ERA and 23/9 K/BB ratio over 26 2/3 innings with Milwaukee this past season. He’ll serve as a set-up man to closer J.J. Putz in 2012.
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 2
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 2
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 10
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 25
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 11
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 80
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 100
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 72
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (118)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (100)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)