Dec 12, 2011, 6:06 PM EST
The Brewers were hoping to keep Saito as recently as last week, but they likely didn’t have much room left in their budget after Francisco Rodriguez accepted arbitration and they elected to fill out the left side of their infield with free agents Alex Gonzalez and Aramis Ramirez.
Saito, who turns 42 in February, posted a 2.03 ERA and 23/9 K/BB ratio over 26 2/3 innings with Milwaukee this past season. He’ll serve as a set-up man to closer J.J. Putz in 2012.
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” 76
- Trea Turner’s agent is unhappy his client is in limbo after trade to Nationals 42
- Nexen Heroes accept Jung-Ho Kang posting fee from unidentified MLB team 24
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 16
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 64
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 144
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 26
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (144)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)