Dec 12, 2011, 9:32 AM EDT
The White Sox and Red Sox met last week to discuss John Danks. Nothing came of it. Jon Heyman reports that the Yankees talked with the White Sox too and, get this, the White Sox demanded for and two of the following three players: Manny Banuelos, Dellin Betances or Jesus Montero.
Not bloody likely. That’s similar to what the A’s were asking for Gio Gonzalez — and which seemed too rich for the Yankees too — and Gonzalez is under team control for a lot longer than Danks is.
Still, can’t fault the Sox for trying to shoot the moon. As the season approaches, teams will get way more nervous about their rotations. While, yes, the White Sox need to come down from such demands for Danks, the buyers may come up themselves.
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 0
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 74
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 5
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 17
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 8
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 40
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 8
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 10
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (75)