Dec 12, 2011, 9:32 AM EST
The White Sox and Red Sox met last week to discuss John Danks. Nothing came of it. Jon Heyman reports that the Yankees talked with the White Sox too and, get this, the White Sox demanded for and two of the following three players: Manny Banuelos, Dellin Betances or Jesus Montero.
Not bloody likely. That’s similar to what the A’s were asking for Gio Gonzalez — and which seemed too rich for the Yankees too — and Gonzalez is under team control for a lot longer than Danks is.
Still, can’t fault the Sox for trying to shoot the moon. As the season approaches, teams will get way more nervous about their rotations. While, yes, the White Sox need to come down from such demands for Danks, the buyers may come up themselves.
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” 82
- Trea Turner’s agent is unhappy his client is in limbo after trade to Nationals 46
- Nexen Heroes accept Jung-Ho Kang posting fee from unidentified MLB team 31
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 16
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 64
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 144
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 26
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (144)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)