Dec 12, 2011, 9:32 AM EST
The White Sox and Red Sox met last week to discuss John Danks. Nothing came of it. Jon Heyman reports that the Yankees talked with the White Sox too and, get this, the White Sox demanded for and two of the following three players: Manny Banuelos, Dellin Betances or Jesus Montero.
Not bloody likely. That’s similar to what the A’s were asking for Gio Gonzalez — and which seemed too rich for the Yankees too — and Gonzalez is under team control for a lot longer than Danks is.
Still, can’t fault the Sox for trying to shoot the moon. As the season approaches, teams will get way more nervous about their rotations. While, yes, the White Sox need to come down from such demands for Danks, the buyers may come up themselves.
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 4
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 133
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 42
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 371
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (371)
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (308)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (135)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (88)