Dec 12, 2011, 9:32 AM EDT
The White Sox and Red Sox met last week to discuss John Danks. Nothing came of it. Jon Heyman reports that the Yankees talked with the White Sox too and, get this, the White Sox demanded for and two of the following three players: Manny Banuelos, Dellin Betances or Jesus Montero.
Not bloody likely. That’s similar to what the A’s were asking for Gio Gonzalez — and which seemed too rich for the Yankees too — and Gonzalez is under team control for a lot longer than Danks is.
Still, can’t fault the Sox for trying to shoot the moon. As the season approaches, teams will get way more nervous about their rotations. While, yes, the White Sox need to come down from such demands for Danks, the buyers may come up themselves.
- Will Smith suspended for eight games for the foreign substance on his arm 1
- Will Smith’s ejection once again shows baseball’s silly approach to foreign substance rules 40
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 74
- Who really owns a home run ball? 63
- The story behind the Nationals squirting chocolate syrup on each other after big wins 43
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 130
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” 128
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week 122
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (130)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (128)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)