Dec 12, 2011, 11:01 AM EDT
Last year Graham Womack of Baseball: Past and Present did a list of the 50 best baseball players not in the Hall of Fame. I remember reading it and linking it but I can’t for the life of me find what I said about it on HBT.
No matter: Graham has a new, bigger and better version of the post. Use it as a nice preview for all of my grumbling outrage in early January when I complain that so-and-so didn’t make it.
Speaking of that: Over at The Hardball Times, Chris Jaffe has a good solid case for Tim Raines: Hall of Famer up. We’ve seen some of these before, but this is both comprehensive and tends to skew away from really advanced metrics that often angry up the blood of people who aren’t inclined to vote for Raines in the first place.
- Cardinals acquire Justin Masterson from Indians 17
- There’s a “very good chance” the Red Sox trade Lackey and Lester 45
- Hey, Rube: Phillies pay dearly for Amaro’s misguided loyalty 66
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 54
- Dodgers announce Vin Scully will return for 2015 season 49
- Jon Lester scratched Wednesday amid trade speculation 38
- Rays are “talking and willing” to trade ace lefty David Price; Cardinals and Dodgers interested 41
- Phillies wanted Joc Pederson, Corey Seager, and Julio Urias from Dodgers for Cole Hamels 90
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (198)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (165)
- Must-click link: sexual depravity — and possibly rape — in the minor leagues (104)
- The Nationals and Orioles dispute over TV money is about to explode (103)