Dec 12, 2011, 11:01 AM EDT
Last year Graham Womack of Baseball: Past and Present did a list of the 50 best baseball players not in the Hall of Fame. I remember reading it and linking it but I can’t for the life of me find what I said about it on HBT.
No matter: Graham has a new, bigger and better version of the post. Use it as a nice preview for all of my grumbling outrage in early January when I complain that so-and-so didn’t make it.
Speaking of that: Over at The Hardball Times, Chris Jaffe has a good solid case for Tim Raines: Hall of Famer up. We’ve seen some of these before, but this is both comprehensive and tends to skew away from really advanced metrics that often angry up the blood of people who aren’t inclined to vote for Raines in the first place.
- Masahiro Tanaka to pitch on Sunday 7
- Astros shut down George Springer for the season 0
- The Blue Jays will make a qualifying offer to Melky Cabrera 17
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 34
- MLB suspends Jonathan Papelbon seven games for incident during Sunday’s game 42
- VIDEO: Jacob deGrom begins game with eight straight strikeouts to tie MLB record 11
- Bud Selig says MLB and players union will meet this week about domestic abuse policy 8
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 67
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- A few thoughts about the discrimination lawsuit against the Mets (91)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (88)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)