Dec 12, 2011, 11:01 AM EST
Last year Graham Womack of Baseball: Past and Present did a list of the 50 best baseball players not in the Hall of Fame. I remember reading it and linking it but I can’t for the life of me find what I said about it on HBT.
No matter: Graham has a new, bigger and better version of the post. Use it as a nice preview for all of my grumbling outrage in early January when I complain that so-and-so didn’t make it.
Speaking of that: Over at The Hardball Times, Chris Jaffe has a good solid case for Tim Raines: Hall of Famer up. We’ve seen some of these before, but this is both comprehensive and tends to skew away from really advanced metrics that often angry up the blood of people who aren’t inclined to vote for Raines in the first place.
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 6
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 9
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 161
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 10
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 34
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 37
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 50
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (161)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (94)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)