Dec 12, 2011, 11:01 AM EDT
Last year Graham Womack of Baseball: Past and Present did a list of the 50 best baseball players not in the Hall of Fame. I remember reading it and linking it but I can’t for the life of me find what I said about it on HBT.
No matter: Graham has a new, bigger and better version of the post. Use it as a nice preview for all of my grumbling outrage in early January when I complain that so-and-so didn’t make it.
Speaking of that: Over at The Hardball Times, Chris Jaffe has a good solid case for Tim Raines: Hall of Famer up. We’ve seen some of these before, but this is both comprehensive and tends to skew away from really advanced metrics that often angry up the blood of people who aren’t inclined to vote for Raines in the first place.
- World Series Reset: Can the Giants even things up? 0
- Behind strong bullpen, Royals edge Giants 3-2 to take a 2-1 World Series lead 28
- Paul Konerko, Jimmy Rollins named co-winners of the Roberto Clemente Award 2
- The greatest trick this Royals bullpen ever pulled … 3
- Adam Wainwright underwent elbow surgery to “trim” cartilage 12
- World Series, Game 3: Royals vs. Giants lineups 1
- Andrew Friedman got $35 million to leave the Rays for the Dodgers … and he might be underpaid 13
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays 143
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (143)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (109)
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? (101)