Dec 13, 2011, 12:44 PM EDT
Tom Haudricourt of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel reports that Ramirez will get just $6 million in 2012, leaving $30 million to paid for the other two seasons, and $6 million of his 2014 salary will be deferred.
Ramirez’s backloaded deal likely still doesn’t clear enough payroll space for the Brewers to sign a veteran first baseman or more bullpen help, as general manager Doug Melvin indicated yesterday that the team is already over budget. However, that could change if they find a taker for Rodriguez and his salary that figures to be at least $12 million.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)