Dec 13, 2011, 8:45 PM EDT
Susan Slusser of the San Francisco Chronicle hears that he’ll make a $3.35 million base salary and could earn an additional $400,000 with performance-based incentives. He made the same salary in 2011 and was arbitration-eligible for the second time this winter.
Braden, 28, posted a 3.00 ERA and 15/5 K/BB ratio in 18 innings over three starts this past season before undergoing surgery in May to repair a torn capsule in his left shoulder.
The Athletics are hopeful that he’ll be ready to return around the start of next season, but as we have learned with the lengthy rehab process of Mets’ left-hander Johan Santana (who had the very same surgery), any timeline is subject to change.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)