Dec 13, 2011, 11:51 AM EDT
However, they’ve shown even stronger interest in Michael Cuddyer, with Jon Heyman of CBSSports.com reporting that Colorado made him a three-year offer worth more than $25 million in an effort to lure him away from Minnesota.
That seemingly means Beltran is the Rockies’ fallback plan to Cuddyer, and he’d presumably come cheaper or at least on a shorter contract.
Based strictly on performance Beltran should have been one of the most sought after free agents on the market, but clearly his injury history is scaring some teams off.
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 5
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 44
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 12
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 107
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 56
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (115)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (108)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (83)