Derek Jeter gives his hookups autographed baseballs

Dec 13, 2011, 9:40 AM EST

Derek Jeter Reuters

From the New York Post:  Things that Derek Jeter can get away with that just about no one else on the planet can get away with:

“Derek has girls stay with him at his apartment in New York, and then he gets them a car to take them home the next day. Waiting in his car is a gift basket containing signed Jeter memorabilia, usually a signed baseball,” the friend dished.  “This summer, he ended up hooking up with a girl who he had hooked up with once before, but Jeter seemed to have forgotten about the first time and gave her the same identical parting gift, a gift basket with a signed Derek Jeter baseball,” the pal said. “He basically gave her the same gift twice because he’d forgotten hooking up with her the first time!”

Valuable, at least if you’re not looking too hard for bargains.  And it’s so much classier than giving cash.

I suppose.

125 Comments (Feed for Comments)
  1. jayquintana - Dec 13, 2011 at 4:09 PM

Why is Jeter catching flak?

A gift basket is a heckuva lot better than a “I spent the night with Derek, and all I got was this T-shirt”.

2. bronxbomber213 - Dec 13, 2011 at 4:12 PM

So obviously everyone knows by my handle which team I like but I do find it hard to believe that Jeter..a man who has been with new York his whole career and doesn’t have one scandal or anyhting bad/character damaging to show for it either because of his ability to be extremely sneaky or just a good dude(I’m more to go with he covers his tracks well…I’m not that much of a blind fan) would basically be making a public list of all his mistresses that the NY media would have a field day with…call me crazy but that just seems pretty idiotic …but who knows right.

3. orangeflh - Dec 13, 2011 at 4:18 PM

What really amazes me is the realization that this will quite possibly raise the value of a Jeter autographed baseball. I can definitely envision single women that have never even met Jeter purchasing such a ball and displaying it proudly, basking in the connoitations.

• orangeflh - Dec 13, 2011 at 4:19 PM

*connotations. Damned sausage fingers.

• orangeflh - Dec 13, 2011 at 5:07 PM

What do you people have against sausage fingers?

4. jayquintana - Dec 13, 2011 at 4:20 PM

I give my hookups signed baseballs, too. Well, that and the cash that we agreed upon prior to engagement.

5. gr88yoyo - Dec 13, 2011 at 4:26 PM

Would anyone be interested in buying an autographed baseball?
    Elin Nordegren

6. bozosforall - Dec 13, 2011 at 7:28 PM

Sounds like the jealous Jeter haters just can’t handle the fact that Jeter gets TRIM..while all they get is TIM.

7. bozosforall - Dec 13, 2011 at 7:29 PM

Sounds like the jealous Jeter haters just can’t handle the fact that Jeter gets mucho TRIM..while all they get is macho TIM.

• jwbiii - Dec 13, 2011 at 8:32 PM

If that is your aspiration, that’s fine, and good luck with it. I have no desire to spend any time with Mr. Lincecum with my pants off.

• bozosforall - Dec 14, 2011 at 9:49 AM

Not a Jeter hater, so that wouldn’t apply to me, moron.

Congrats on not being a Jeter hater yourself.

8. lordd99 - Dec 14, 2011 at 10:20 AM

Well now I’m just feeling really awkward about that signed Derek Jeter baseball sitting in the gift basket on my mantle.

Maddon has high hopes for Cubs
  1. P. Sandoval (5105)