Dec 13, 2011, 3:50 PM EDT
In talking about the Mets’ rotation plans general manager Sandy Alderson categorized Johan Santana as a “question mark” and told Adam Rubin of ESPN New York that the former Cy Young winner “might not be” ready for Opening Day.
Santana planned to return from shoulder surgery to pitch for the Mets down the stretch, but suffered various setbacks along the way and never threw a pitch in the majors.
Opening Day would be more than 18 months after his surgery and Alderson did say that “we think he’s going to be ready.”
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 15
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 48
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 10
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17