Dec 13, 2011, 7:30 PM EDT
The Brewers and Cardinals settled on their shortstops over the past week, but Jimmy Rollins‘ agent is still determined to find some sort of leverage in contract negotiations with the Phillies.
With that in mind, Jayson Stark of ESPN.com reports that Rollins’ agent Dan Lozano is having “dialogue” with a second team which he has declined to identify. A mystery team, if you will. The only hint Stark offers is that other clubs believe the Tigers have interest.
Rollins’ desire for a five-year contract was unrealistic even before Alex Gonzalez joined the Brewers and Rafael Furcal returned to St. Louis, but with his market quickly drying up, he’ll almost certainly have to lower his demands. Lozano is trying to make things interesting here, but Rollins’ return to Philadelphia feels inevitable.
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 60
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 6
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 67
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 24
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 88
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (83)