Dec 13, 2011, 7:30 PM EDT
The Brewers and Cardinals settled on their shortstops over the past week, but Jimmy Rollins‘ agent is still determined to find some sort of leverage in contract negotiations with the Phillies.
With that in mind, Jayson Stark of ESPN.com reports that Rollins’ agent Dan Lozano is having “dialogue” with a second team which he has declined to identify. A mystery team, if you will. The only hint Stark offers is that other clubs believe the Tigers have interest.
Rollins’ desire for a five-year contract was unrealistic even before Alex Gonzalez joined the Brewers and Rafael Furcal returned to St. Louis, but with his market quickly drying up, he’ll almost certainly have to lower his demands. Lozano is trying to make things interesting here, but Rollins’ return to Philadelphia feels inevitable.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)