Dec 13, 2011, 7:30 PM EDT
The Brewers and Cardinals settled on their shortstops over the past week, but Jimmy Rollins‘ agent is still determined to find some sort of leverage in contract negotiations with the Phillies.
With that in mind, Jayson Stark of ESPN.com reports that Rollins’ agent Dan Lozano is having “dialogue” with a second team which he has declined to identify. A mystery team, if you will. The only hint Stark offers is that other clubs believe the Tigers have interest.
Rollins’ desire for a five-year contract was unrealistic even before Alex Gonzalez joined the Brewers and Rafael Furcal returned to St. Louis, but with his market quickly drying up, he’ll almost certainly have to lower his demands. Lozano is trying to make things interesting here, but Rollins’ return to Philadelphia feels inevitable.
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 70
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 55
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 51
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 35
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 104
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 81
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 16
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 28
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (104)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (89)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results (81)