Dec 13, 2011, 2:20 PM EDT
Sosnick indicated that Willingham has narrowed his choices down to three teams, two of which are believed to be the Twins and Indians.
Minnesota has had a three-year, $25 million offer on the table to Michael Cuddyer for a week now and has stayed in touch with Willingham as a potential fallback plan, but they may be forced to make a choice if Cuddyer doesn’t come to a decision today or tomorrow.
Willingham hit .246 with 29 homers in 136 games for the A’s this year, topping an .800 OPS for the sixth straight season.
UPDATE: Ken Rosenthal of FOXSports.com says the Indians are now “out” on Willingham, leaving the Twins and perhaps the Rockies in the mix.
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 2
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 2
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 10
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 25
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 11
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 80
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 100
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 72
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (110)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (100)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)