Dec 13, 2011, 2:20 PM EST
Sosnick indicated that Willingham has narrowed his choices down to three teams, two of which are believed to be the Twins and Indians.
Minnesota has had a three-year, $25 million offer on the table to Michael Cuddyer for a week now and has stayed in touch with Willingham as a potential fallback plan, but they may be forced to make a choice if Cuddyer doesn’t come to a decision today or tomorrow.
Willingham hit .246 with 29 homers in 136 games for the A’s this year, topping an .800 OPS for the sixth straight season.
UPDATE: Ken Rosenthal of FOXSports.com says the Indians are now “out” on Willingham, leaving the Twins and perhaps the Rockies in the mix.
- Someone apparently got Jayson Werth’s autograph in jail 18
- Chris Davis opens up about his Adderall suspension: “It was a moment of weakness” 54
- MLB.com names Byron Buxton as baseball’s top prospect for second straight year 33
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants 103
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 48
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 39
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 173
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (173)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants (103)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (85)