Dec 13, 2011, 8:55 AM EDT
I’m nonplussed. Like I totally lack plus. Plus-free zone here. Not a single plus was given this day.
Via Neyer, comes Mike Silva’s interview with John Rocker from the other night in which the pumped up fireballer with anger issues — shockingly — admitted to using steroids during his career. Here’s Silva:
I was surprised by his admission to taking steroids, so I asked him again if he was taking some sort of PED in 1999. “Yeah, of course I was. I mean who wasn’t? Let’s be honest here, who wasn’t?”
And there was a positive drug test to prove it, Rocker says. The league asked him to take drug tests after the infamous Sports Illustrated article, he did and in his own words he “failed miserably.” Neyer has some very apt words about what that all means. Basically: Selig was willingly blind to PEDs for years beyond the P.R. implications of it all. It’s undeniable and has been for some time.
Look, I’m the first one to criticize anyone who plays the “of course he was on steroids! Just look at him!” card. But in Rocker’s case? Dudes, really.
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 2
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 10
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 25
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 11
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 80
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 92
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 72
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (110)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (92)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)