Dec 13, 2011, 8:55 AM EST
I’m nonplussed. Like I totally lack plus. Plus-free zone here. Not a single plus was given this day.
Via Neyer, comes Mike Silva’s interview with John Rocker from the other night in which the pumped up fireballer with anger issues — shockingly — admitted to using steroids during his career. Here’s Silva:
I was surprised by his admission to taking steroids, so I asked him again if he was taking some sort of PED in 1999. “Yeah, of course I was. I mean who wasn’t? Let’s be honest here, who wasn’t?”
And there was a positive drug test to prove it, Rocker says. The league asked him to take drug tests after the infamous Sports Illustrated article, he did and in his own words he “failed miserably.” Neyer has some very apt words about what that all means. Basically: Selig was willingly blind to PEDs for years beyond the P.R. implications of it all. It’s undeniable and has been for some time.
Look, I’m the first one to criticize anyone who plays the “of course he was on steroids! Just look at him!” card. But in Rocker’s case? Dudes, really.
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 290
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 307
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (304)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (136)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)