Dec 13, 2011, 8:55 AM EDT
I’m nonplussed. Like I totally lack plus. Plus-free zone here. Not a single plus was given this day.
Via Neyer, comes Mike Silva’s interview with John Rocker from the other night in which the pumped up fireballer with anger issues — shockingly — admitted to using steroids during his career. Here’s Silva:
I was surprised by his admission to taking steroids, so I asked him again if he was taking some sort of PED in 1999. “Yeah, of course I was. I mean who wasn’t? Let’s be honest here, who wasn’t?”
And there was a positive drug test to prove it, Rocker says. The league asked him to take drug tests after the infamous Sports Illustrated article, he did and in his own words he “failed miserably.” Neyer has some very apt words about what that all means. Basically: Selig was willingly blind to PEDs for years beyond the P.R. implications of it all. It’s undeniable and has been for some time.
Look, I’m the first one to criticize anyone who plays the “of course he was on steroids! Just look at him!” card. But in Rocker’s case? Dudes, really.
- The Yankees, A-Rod resolve their dispute over the $6 million milestone bonus 24
- Yankees donate $150,000 to charity to get Alex Rodriguez his 3,000th hit ball 16
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno 78
- Settling the Scores: Thursday’s results 53
- Breaking: Cardinals fire their scouting director, likely due to the Astros hacking scandal 61
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 54
- Today is the day: Marlins ace Jose Fernandez returns from Tommy John surgery 4
- A-Rod, the Yankees and the union in talks to direct his $6 million home run bonus to charity 29
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (79)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)