Dec 13, 2011, 9:57 PM EST
We haven’t heard much about Seattle this offseason and it seems like an odd fit on the surface. While Cuddyer could help at multiple positions, the presence of Ichiro means he’d probably spend a lot of time in left field. He’s only played there nine times in his 11-year major league career. Besides, it’s hard to imagine they’d be willing to meet his asking price, which Heyman suggests is now north of $30 million.
Cuddyer appeared likely to end up with the Rockies after it was reported earlier tonight that Josh Willingham had agreed to a multi-year contract with the Twins, but things have changed in the past few hours. The Willingham deal isn’t done yet and Joe Christensen of the Minneapolis Star-Tribune adds that talks with Cuddyer aren’t dead. The most likely scenario is that they have given him one last chance to accept their proposed three-year, $24 million offer. Colorado reportedly has the biggest known offer on the table.
Cuddyer, who turns 33 in March, batted .284/.346/.459 with 20 home runs, 70 RBI, 11 stolen bases and an .805 OPS over 584 plate appearances this past season.
- White Sox sign Adam LaRoche to two-year, $25 million deal 10
- Report: Red Sox offer Jon Lester six years, $110-120 million 69
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” 125
- A’s sign Billy Butler to three-year, $30 million contract 84
- Cardinals reportedly joining pursuit of Jon Lester 65
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. 148
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal 157
- Blue Jays sign Russell Martin to five-year, $82 million deal 135
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal (157)
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. (148)
- Blue Jays sign Russell Martin to five-year, $82 million deal (135)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (128)
- Sexual assualt charges reinstated against Tigers pitcher Evan Reed (125)