Dec 13, 2011, 11:05 AM EST
Steroids stories breaking when no other news is going on means that everyone is gonna get out in front of it. Like, way in front of it. This stuff with Ryan Braun went down on Saturday and I think people have already decided what his grandchildren’s legacy is going to be as a result.
But not so fast, says the MLBA! Its head honcho Michael Weiner released a statement this morning telling everyone to chill out:
“Our Joint Drug Agreement is designed to protect a player from a rush to judgment before he can challenge a reported positive test result. Fairness dictates that Ryan Braun be treated no differently. I urge all to reserve judgment on this matter until the JDA’s process has played itself out.”
He’s right. Good luck with that because the mob is already mobbing, but he’s right.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)