Dec 14, 2011, 7:18 PM EDT
Romero posted a pedestrian 4.01 ERA and 19/15 K/BB ratio in 24 2/3 innings this year between the Phillies and Rockies. But he was effective against left-handed batters, holding them to a .231/.318/.231 slash line, and could be a nice addition to the St. Louis bullpen in 2012 if utilized correctly.
No word yet on the financial terms of the deal. Romero, a 13-year veteran of Major League Baseball, will turn 36 years old in June.
- Miguel Cabrera ties Hank Greenberg with 331st career homer 7
- Bud Selig’s view on replay has “evolved” 13
- Umpires use replay on controversial Matt Joyce home run 12
- Rangers put Ian Kinsler on the 15-day disabled list and call up top prospect Jurickson Profar 6
- Carlos Ruiz leaves game with strained right hamstring 2
- PBT: Parker carves up Grizzlies as Spurs roll in Gm. 1
- PHT: Senators sneak past Penguins in two overtimes
- PHT: Bruins crack Lundqvist, hammer Rangers
- MST: No bumping on Bump Day at Indy 500
- PST: Arsenal grabs Champions League spot
- Ferguson's managerial career ends with 5-5 draw
- Moore stays unbeaten as Rays top Orioles