Dec 14, 2011, 7:18 PM EST
Romero posted a pedestrian 4.01 ERA and 19/15 K/BB ratio in 24 2/3 innings this year between the Phillies and Rockies. But he was effective against left-handed batters, holding them to a .231/.318/.231 slash line, and could be a nice addition to the St. Louis bullpen in 2012 if utilized correctly.
No word yet on the financial terms of the deal. Romero, a 13-year veteran of Major League Baseball, will turn 36 years old in June.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 303
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (303)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” (86)