Dec 14, 2011, 7:18 PM EST
Romero posted a pedestrian 4.01 ERA and 19/15 K/BB ratio in 24 2/3 innings this year between the Phillies and Rockies. But he was effective against left-handed batters, holding them to a .231/.318/.231 slash line, and could be a nice addition to the St. Louis bullpen in 2012 if utilized correctly.
No word yet on the financial terms of the deal. Romero, a 13-year veteran of Major League Baseball, will turn 36 years old in June.
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Not everyone is happy about home plate collisions being taken away (133)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)