Dec 14, 2011, 1:00 PM EDT
Phil Rogers of the Chicago Tribune reports that the Cubs have some interest in Jason Varitek and Tim Wakefield. Nothing is imminent, and this sounds a lot more like someone sayin’ “ya know, we could do this …” than anything else.
Still, it would be fun. Sort of like that time the Saints hired Bum Phillips and signed Ken Stabler and Earl Campbell. That worked so well.
What? I’m old. Sue me.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 16
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 60
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 11
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Brandon Phillips: “How the [expletive] am I declining?” (61)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)