Dec 14, 2011, 1:00 PM EST
Phil Rogers of the Chicago Tribune reports that the Cubs have some interest in Jason Varitek and Tim Wakefield. Nothing is imminent, and this sounds a lot more like someone sayin’ “ya know, we could do this …” than anything else.
Still, it would be fun. Sort of like that time the Saints hired Bum Phillips and signed Ken Stabler and Earl Campbell. That worked so well.
What? I’m old. Sue me.
- Rosenthal: Mariners’ offer to Robinson Cano hasn’t topped $200 million 11
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 31
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 159
- Marlins sign free agent catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia to three-year, $21 million contract 44
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (159)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (134)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (98)
- Robinson Cano met with the Mariners in Seattle (86)
- Yankees’ Jacoby Ellsbury signing to pay big dividends… for now (80)