Dec 14, 2011, 5:17 PM EDT
Last week Guillermo Mota was said to be close to re-signing with the Giants and now Ken Rosenthal of FOXSports.com reports that it’s a done deal, as the veteran reliever gets a one-year, $1 million contract.
Mota earned $925,000 in 2011 after inking a minor-league deal with the Giants, throwing 80 innings with a 3.81 ERA and 77/30 K/BB ratio.
He’ll once again be asked to soak up some low-leverage innings in a middle relief role and Mota actually posted the best strikeout rate of his career at age 38.
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (93)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (89)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (86)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (82)