Dec 14, 2011, 11:44 AM EST
Last night we learned that [insert ominous music] a Mystery Team was talking to Jimmy Rollins. Maybe they’re making mystery headway, because Scott Miller of CBS says today that the Phillies and Rollins are nowhere close to a deal.
The Phillies and Rollins are still talking, but it may be a while. Unless there’s real mystery here, the market for Rollins has shrunk a bit in the past week, and it seems like he’s inevitably going back to Philly. Which, for purely subjective reasons, I hope is the case. There aren’t many active players in baseball who would look more out of place in a different uniform than Rollins.
- Where does Nelson Cruz go from here? 36
- Shin-Soo Choo agrees to seven-year, $130 million deal with Rangers 83
- Grant Balfour may file a grievance over Orioles’ decision to back out of contract 23
- Former Major Leaguer Gabe Kapler wants collisions to remain part of the game 44
- Carlos Beltran introduced by the Yankees, takes a shot at the Mets 42
- Hall of Fame voting expert: Greg Maddux makes it. No one else does. (105)
- I don’t know what the best baseball song is, but it ain’t John freakin’ Fogerty (102)
- Happy Birthday, Ty Cobb! (89)
- Shin-Soo Choo agrees to seven-year, $130 million deal with Rangers (83)
- ‘Tis the season for people acting incredibly dumb (74)