Dec 14, 2011, 11:44 AM EDT
Last night we learned that [insert ominous music] a Mystery Team was talking to Jimmy Rollins. Maybe they’re making mystery headway, because Scott Miller of CBS says today that the Phillies and Rollins are nowhere close to a deal.
The Phillies and Rollins are still talking, but it may be a while. Unless there’s real mystery here, the market for Rollins has shrunk a bit in the past week, and it seems like he’s inevitably going back to Philly. Which, for purely subjective reasons, I hope is the case. There aren’t many active players in baseball who would look more out of place in a different uniform than Rollins.
- Reds finally shut down Devin Mesoraco seven weeks after hip injury, surgery may be needed 2
- Mike Napoli continues to kill the Angels 4
- Brian Matusz suspended eight games for a foreign substance 5
- Settling the Scores: Memorial Day Edition 48
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 25
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 22
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 19
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)