Dec 14, 2011, 11:44 AM EDT
Last night we learned that [insert ominous music] a Mystery Team was talking to Jimmy Rollins. Maybe they’re making mystery headway, because Scott Miller of CBS says today that the Phillies and Rollins are nowhere close to a deal.
The Phillies and Rollins are still talking, but it may be a while. Unless there’s real mystery here, the market for Rollins has shrunk a bit in the past week, and it seems like he’s inevitably going back to Philly. Which, for purely subjective reasons, I hope is the case. There aren’t many active players in baseball who would look more out of place in a different uniform than Rollins.
- Video: Jorge Soler homers in his first major league at-bat 9
- Adam Wainwright has a “dead arm” 26
- HBT Daily: Alex Gordon and the Royals keep on rolling 11
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 41
- Mariners extend general manager Jack Zduriencik’s contract 14
- Money, money, money (and Bud Selig’s nirvana) 16
- These days, the correlation between payroll and winning is historically weak 61
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 49
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (143)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (96)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (91)