Dec 14, 2011, 1:16 PM EDT
Joel Zumaya took a big step in his latest comeback today, throwing for scouts in Houston to show he’s recovered from a fractured elbow that’s kept him out since mid-2010.
Ken Rosenthal of FOXSports.com reports that “more than 50 scouts” were in attendance, passing along word that Zumaya threw 93-96 miles per hour.
One of the scouts there told Rosenthal that Zumaya “will get a job” based on the performance, although it remains to be seen if he can convince a team to give him a big-league deal.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 15
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 48
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 10
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17