Dec 14, 2011, 11:22 PM EDT
The Twins have refused to acknowledge that they are close to a three-year, $21 million contract agreement with outfielder Josh Willingham. But all indications point to the deal being just about complete.
According to Joe Christensen of the Minneapolis Star-Tribune, Willingham arrived in Minnesota on Wednesday for his pre-signing physical — a process that will carry into Thursday. If he passes, the Twins will likely make things official on Thursday night.
Willingham, 32, batted .246/.332/.477 with 29 home runs and 98 RBI in 136 games this past year for the A’s. The Twins are expected to start him in left field.
- Umpires use replay on controversial Matt Joyce home run 0
- Rangers put Ian Kinsler on the 15-day disabled list and call up top prospect Jurickson Profar 1
- Carlos Ruiz leaves game with strained right hamstring 1
- Andrew McCutchen scratched from Pirates’ starting lineup 5
- Ike Davis assured by Mets GM demotion is not imminent 9