Dec 14, 2011, 10:47 AM EST
Dobbs and Harris are left-handed hitters and strictly role players, while DeRosa is a right-handed hitter who was an everyday player before wrist problems derailed his career three years ago.
Ladson writes that beefing up the bench with capable bats is a priority for manager Davey Johnson, who “was not happy that it was built on speed and defense” in 2011.
- David Price would not consider an extension with the Mariners if he’s traded there 19
- Media paying for athlete interviews? Not likely. But watch this stuff closely anyway. 16
- Rockies acquire Brett Anderson from A’s 12
- D’backs, Angels, White Sox agree to three-team Mark Trumbo deal 65
- Ranking MLB managers by . . . handsomeness 82
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi (110)