Dec 14, 2011, 2:41 PM EDT
File this under “stuff that would be interesting if the Orioles had anything the Braves wanted,” but Rosenthal and Morosi report that the Orioles and the Braves have had discussions about a trade involving Martin Prado and/or Jair Jurrjens.
As a Braves fan I’m not opposed to seeing Jurrjens moved. I worry about his health and I worry that he’s due for a regression. But the return had better be decent. And I’m not exactly sure what the Orioles have in terms of young talent to send back to Atlanta. Prado has been connected to a number of teams and the same goes for him: sell him based on a reputation that probably won’t be matched by his future performance, but get something decent back.
The Braves and Orioles just don’t seem to match up in that regard.
- Paul Konerko, Jimmy Rollins named co-winners of the Roberto Clemente Award 0
- The greatest trick this Royals bullpen ever pulled … 3
- Adam Wainwright underwent elbow surgery to “trim” cartilage 10
- World Series, Game 3: Royals vs. Giants lineups 1
- Andrew Friedman got $35 million to leave the Rays for the Dodgers … and he might be underpaid 13
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays 140
- World Series Reset: On to AT&T Park 14
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? 101
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (140)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (109)
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? (101)