Dec 14, 2011, 2:41 PM EST
File this under “stuff that would be interesting if the Orioles had anything the Braves wanted,” but Rosenthal and Morosi report that the Orioles and the Braves have had discussions about a trade involving Martin Prado and/or Jair Jurrjens.
As a Braves fan I’m not opposed to seeing Jurrjens moved. I worry about his health and I worry that he’s due for a regression. But the return had better be decent. And I’m not exactly sure what the Orioles have in terms of young talent to send back to Atlanta. Prado has been connected to a number of teams and the same goes for him: sell him based on a reputation that probably won’t be matched by his future performance, but get something decent back.
The Braves and Orioles just don’t seem to match up in that regard.
- Dan Uggla played through undiagnosed concussion in 2014 0
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 34
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 61
- Report: Hiroki Kuroda is going back to Japan 26
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15