Dec 14, 2011, 2:41 PM EDT
File this under “stuff that would be interesting if the Orioles had anything the Braves wanted,” but Rosenthal and Morosi report that the Orioles and the Braves have had discussions about a trade involving Martin Prado and/or Jair Jurrjens.
As a Braves fan I’m not opposed to seeing Jurrjens moved. I worry about his health and I worry that he’s due for a regression. But the return had better be decent. And I’m not exactly sure what the Orioles have in terms of young talent to send back to Atlanta. Prado has been connected to a number of teams and the same goes for him: sell him based on a reputation that probably won’t be matched by his future performance, but get something decent back.
The Braves and Orioles just don’t seem to match up in that regard.
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 43
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 98
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 10
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 19
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 10
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 40
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 9
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 10
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (98)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)