The Orioles and Braves have discussed Martin Prado and Jair Jurrjens

Dec 14, 2011, 2:41 PM EDT

Jair Jurrjens AP

File this under “stuff that would be interesting if the Orioles had anything the Braves wanted,” but Rosenthal and Morosi report that the Orioles and the Braves have had discussions about a trade involving Martin Prado and/or Jair Jurrjens.

As a Braves fan I’m not opposed to seeing Jurrjens moved. I worry about his health and I worry that he’s due for a regression.  But the return had better be decent. And I’m not exactly sure what the Orioles have in terms of young talent to send back to Atlanta.  Prado has been connected to a number of teams and the same goes for him: sell him based on a reputation that probably won’t be matched by his future performance, but get something decent back.

The Braves and Orioles just don’t seem to match up in that regard.

1. cameron poe - Dec 14, 2011 at 2:49 PM

Why does Frank Wren insist on this nonsense. Who do the Orioles have? Adam Jones? Is he worth this? The Braves of the 2000’s are a prime example of why teams should not be owned by committees. Sports teams need a single owner who can make the decisions good or bad. I love how the Bravos are always developing their young talent. But, young talent can only take you so far. Sometimes, it is necessary to go out there and get a proven veteran (not a journeyman) but, a proven and still performing veteran.

2. bozosforall - Dec 14, 2011 at 2:54 PM

Calcaterra, you a BRAVES fan? That definitely explains your irrational Yankees hatred. LMAO

• proudlycanadian - Dec 14, 2011 at 3:12 PM

Hatred of the Evil Empire is proof of sanity and an open mind.

• Kevin S. - Dec 14, 2011 at 3:38 PM

Oh, would you just shut the hell up already? The kids table is all set up for you over at ESPN. You’re clearly not ready to be with the grown ups.

• baseballisboring - Dec 14, 2011 at 7:56 PM

Everyone hates the Yankees because of you. It’s YOU. YOU’RE THE PROBLEM, DON’T YOU REALIZE IT????

• purnellmeagrejr - Dec 15, 2011 at 6:51 AM

Bozo people that LMAO about their own comments LTAOA!.

3. sandlotmom - Dec 14, 2011 at 3:44 PM

They should be talking with the Rangers not the Orioles. Trade JJ and Heyward for Feliz and Cruz.

4. benandjerrysberryhorny - Dec 14, 2011 at 3:46 PM

i’d give up markakis for jurrjens but definately not adam jones. not really interested in prado. markakis straight up for jurrjens sounds like an even swap

5. bmoreballers - Dec 14, 2011 at 3:51 PM

I would hate to see jones or markakis go but we do need quality pitching

6. spudchukar - Dec 14, 2011 at 4:40 PM

Don’t get this either. If the Braves are interested in giving Prado away, they might look towards St. Louis. I know I would be happy to see him in a Cards’ uniform.

7. Kyle - Dec 14, 2011 at 4:46 PM

Markakis and Jones are both very interesting options I believe the Braves would be interested in.

• stinkfist5 - Dec 14, 2011 at 6:19 PM

I highly doubt Duke would get rid of Jonesy and Kakes for those two. The Orioles do need pitching, but I think he’d rather draft it, than trade two key young gold glove players for it. I don’t think the O’s and Braves are going to get anything done here.

8. Walk - Dec 14, 2011 at 7:00 PM

I am not sure how many innings jj has pitched. What i am sure of is that he started pitching late. So he has less wear and tear on his shoulder, elbow, and arm in comparison to a normal pitcher. I do get that health is a concern though in regards to his leg issues, but i believe compared to a pitcher of his tenure his health should be fine in the long run.

9. foreverchipper10 - Dec 15, 2011 at 2:28 PM

Craig I am with you on this. If we have to move Prado and/or Jurrjens I can’t see anything the O’s could realistically offer that Wren should be interested in. If they have to be moved they have to be moved but make sure to do it for the right reasons and not just to make a move.

The Jon Lester-Yoenis Cespedes trade is a win-win