Dec 14, 2011, 2:41 PM EST
File this under “stuff that would be interesting if the Orioles had anything the Braves wanted,” but Rosenthal and Morosi report that the Orioles and the Braves have had discussions about a trade involving Martin Prado and/or Jair Jurrjens.
As a Braves fan I’m not opposed to seeing Jurrjens moved. I worry about his health and I worry that he’s due for a regression. But the return had better be decent. And I’m not exactly sure what the Orioles have in terms of young talent to send back to Atlanta. Prado has been connected to a number of teams and the same goes for him: sell him based on a reputation that probably won’t be matched by his future performance, but get something decent back.
The Braves and Orioles just don’t seem to match up in that regard.
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 10
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 22
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 11
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 81
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 60
- Blue Jays cut off talks for Orioles executive Dan Duquette 48
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 118
- Yankees reject A-Rod’s apology attempt 50
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (146)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (81)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (76)