Dec 14, 2011, 2:41 PM EDT
File this under “stuff that would be interesting if the Orioles had anything the Braves wanted,” but Rosenthal and Morosi report that the Orioles and the Braves have had discussions about a trade involving Martin Prado and/or Jair Jurrjens.
As a Braves fan I’m not opposed to seeing Jurrjens moved. I worry about his health and I worry that he’s due for a regression. But the return had better be decent. And I’m not exactly sure what the Orioles have in terms of young talent to send back to Atlanta. Prado has been connected to a number of teams and the same goes for him: sell him based on a reputation that probably won’t be matched by his future performance, but get something decent back.
The Braves and Orioles just don’t seem to match up in that regard.
- 2015 Preview: Philadelphia Phillies 14
- 2015 Preview: Cincinnati Reds 41
- The average Major League Baseball salary this year will be more than $4 million — a record 22
- 2015 Preview: Tampa Bay Rays 18
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 70
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 8
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 69
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 26
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (91)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (90)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)