Dec 14, 2011, 4:30 PM EST
You still have about a half hour to get your bids in for Yu Darvish. Bidding for the right to negotiate with the best thing to come out of Japan since … man, I dunno, lots of cool things come from Japan … ends at 5PM Eastern today.
As of now it’s thought that the Blue Jays are going to make a strong push with many suspecting that the Rangers will be in the mix as well. The Yankees have been rather quiet about it all, but you never really can tell about this stuff. The Orioles and Nationals and Reds and a lot of teams have said they’re out of it.
The winning bidder isn’t supposed to be announced for a while after things close. But you never know about that either. People leak things.
- Report: Two agents rumbled in the parking lot at the Winter Meetings 28
- Mets sign 40-year-old Bartolo Colon for two years, $20 million 38
- MLB rules committee decides to eliminate collisions at home plate 60
- Mariners sign Corey Hart to incentive-laden deal 28
- David Price would not consider an extension with the Mariners if he’s traded there 35
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)