Dec 14, 2011, 8:04 PM EST
The window for Major League Baseball teams to submit bids on free agent Japanese right-hander Yu Darvish has been closed for over three hours.
We don’t know which club has won the rights to negotiate exclusively with the 6-foot-5 starter, and might not have that information for another few days, but reports are slowly trickling out about which teams did and did not submit bids. So we’ll pass those along as we play the waiting game together.
Darvish, 25, posted an 18-7 record, 1.44 ERA and 276/36 K/BB ratio in 232 innings this past year for the Hokkaido Nippon-Ham Fighters. He had a 1.99 career ERA in seven total NPB seasons.
CBS Sports’ Danny Knobler heard from a source Wednesday night that the Fighters front office was “very excited” about the value of the highest bid and Jeff Passan of Yahoo! Sports says they fully intend to accept. But the Fighters technically have until next Tuesday night to make an official decision.
DID NOT BID
- Hector Olivera’s camp denies any damage to ulnar collateral ligament 3
- UPDATE: Hunter Pence out 6-8 weeks with fracture in left forearm 22
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 26
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 145
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 374
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (374)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (145)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (94)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (90)