Dec 14, 2011, 8:04 PM EST
The window for Major League Baseball teams to submit bids on free agent Japanese right-hander Yu Darvish has been closed for over three hours.
We don’t know which club has won the rights to negotiate exclusively with the 6-foot-5 starter, and might not have that information for another few days, but reports are slowly trickling out about which teams did and did not submit bids. So we’ll pass those along as we play the waiting game together.
Darvish, 25, posted an 18-7 record, 1.44 ERA and 276/36 K/BB ratio in 232 innings this past year for the Hokkaido Nippon-Ham Fighters. He had a 1.99 career ERA in seven total NPB seasons.
CBS Sports’ Danny Knobler heard from a source Wednesday night that the Fighters front office was “very excited” about the value of the highest bid and Jeff Passan of Yahoo! Sports says they fully intend to accept. But the Fighters technically have until next Tuesday night to make an official decision.
DID NOT BID
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)