Dec 14, 2011, 8:04 PM EDT
The window for Major League Baseball teams to submit bids on free agent Japanese right-hander Yu Darvish has been closed for over three hours.
We don’t know which club has won the rights to negotiate exclusively with the 6-foot-5 starter, and might not have that information for another few days, but reports are slowly trickling out about which teams did and did not submit bids. So we’ll pass those along as we play the waiting game together.
Darvish, 25, posted an 18-7 record, 1.44 ERA and 276/36 K/BB ratio in 232 innings this past year for the Hokkaido Nippon-Ham Fighters. He had a 1.99 career ERA in seven total NPB seasons.
CBS Sports’ Danny Knobler heard from a source Wednesday night that the Fighters front office was “very excited” about the value of the highest bid and Jeff Passan of Yahoo! Sports says they fully intend to accept. But the Fighters technically have until next Tuesday night to make an official decision.
DID NOT BID
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 18
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 168
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 70
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 11
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 37
- The Blue Jays pick up Ben Revere from the Phillies 65
- Cubs trade for Dan Haren 28
- Cardinals add more bullpen help, get Jonathan Broxton from Brewers 13
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (170)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)