Dec 15, 2011, 3:37 PM EDT
As a Twins fan I’ve been confused by Michael Cuddyer not responding to a three-year, $25 million offer that Minnesota put on the table more than a week ago and apparently I’m not alone.
Ken Rosenthal of FOXSports.com writes that “many in the industry are baffled that free agent Michael Cuddyer is taking so long to make a decision.”
Not only hasn’t Cuddyer made a decision on the Twins’ offer, the Rockies have reportedly been waiting to hear back from him as well.
Now, in fairness Cuddyer’s wife just gave birth to twin daughters last week, so his focus may be elsewhere, but Rosenthal speculates on a few potential reasons for the delay that includes possibly waiting to see if the Phillies re-sign Jimmy Rollins or if the Mariners sign Prince Fielder.
- Your Official HardballTalk World Series Preview 0
- World Series Reset: Game 1 — finally! — is tonight 10
- HBT Daily: How the Royals and Giants were built 4
- Two radio stations in San Francisco are refusing to play Lorde’s “Royals” during the World Series 40
- Royals tab James Shields, Yordano Ventura to start first two games of World Series 1
- Brian Roberts is retiring 13
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? 119
- Video: Watch Travis Ishikawa’s pennant-winning homer 13
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (119)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (105)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Andrew Friedman leaving the Rays to take over as Dodgers President of Baseball Operations (83)
- Quit making a big deal out of anomalies. Most of what happens is meaningless. (82)