Dec 15, 2011, 3:37 PM EDT
As a Twins fan I’ve been confused by Michael Cuddyer not responding to a three-year, $25 million offer that Minnesota put on the table more than a week ago and apparently I’m not alone.
Ken Rosenthal of FOXSports.com writes that “many in the industry are baffled that free agent Michael Cuddyer is taking so long to make a decision.”
Not only hasn’t Cuddyer made a decision on the Twins’ offer, the Rockies have reportedly been waiting to hear back from him as well.
Now, in fairness Cuddyer’s wife just gave birth to twin daughters last week, so his focus may be elsewhere, but Rosenthal speculates on a few potential reasons for the delay that includes possibly waiting to see if the Phillies re-sign Jimmy Rollins or if the Mariners sign Prince Fielder.
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. 15
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM 49
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 30
- Rangers activate Josh Hamilton from disabled list, send prospect Joey Gallo to Triple-A 12
- Huston Street says he’d retire if he was used like a 1970s-style fireman 48
- CC Sabathia looks like a reliever 28
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 58
- AL All-Star voting update: now “only” five Royals in the starting lineup 59
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (110)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)