Dec 15, 2011, 3:37 PM EDT
As a Twins fan I’ve been confused by Michael Cuddyer not responding to a three-year, $25 million offer that Minnesota put on the table more than a week ago and apparently I’m not alone.
Ken Rosenthal of FOXSports.com writes that “many in the industry are baffled that free agent Michael Cuddyer is taking so long to make a decision.”
Not only hasn’t Cuddyer made a decision on the Twins’ offer, the Rockies have reportedly been waiting to hear back from him as well.
Now, in fairness Cuddyer’s wife just gave birth to twin daughters last week, so his focus may be elsewhere, but Rosenthal speculates on a few potential reasons for the delay that includes possibly waiting to see if the Phillies re-sign Jimmy Rollins or if the Mariners sign Prince Fielder.
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 13
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 78
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 14
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 114
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (114)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)