Dec 15, 2011, 2:01 PM EST
Dave O’Brien, baseball writer for the Atlanta Journal-Constitution, is a big indie rock fan. Jason Isbell, former guitarist for Drive-By Truckers and current leader of the band the 400 Unit is a huge Braves fan. So it makes sense that O’Brien interviewed Isbell.
And the interview is great, both for baseball and music purposes. One question was why it seems like there are so many indie rockers into baseball:
I think the pace of the game, along with the intelligence involved, keeps a lot of us artsy types interested. Somehow baseball doesn’t seem as “jock” centered as other major sports.
Meanwhile, Hank Williams Jr. likes football. I rest my case.
That aside, great interview. Check it out.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 305
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (305)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” (86)