Dec 15, 2011, 2:01 PM EDT
Dave O’Brien, baseball writer for the Atlanta Journal-Constitution, is a big indie rock fan. Jason Isbell, former guitarist for Drive-By Truckers and current leader of the band the 400 Unit is a huge Braves fan. So it makes sense that O’Brien interviewed Isbell.
And the interview is great, both for baseball and music purposes. One question was why it seems like there are so many indie rockers into baseball:
I think the pace of the game, along with the intelligence involved, keeps a lot of us artsy types interested. Somehow baseball doesn’t seem as “jock” centered as other major sports.
Meanwhile, Hank Williams Jr. likes football. I rest my case.
That aside, great interview. Check it out.
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 68
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 46
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 9
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 36
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 11
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 32
- Clayton Kershaw blanks the Angels over eight innings, runs consecutive scoreless innings streak to 37 20
- Clayton Kershaw and Mike Trout make MLB history in Saturday’s matchup 14
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (205)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)