Dec 15, 2011, 2:01 PM EDT
Dave O’Brien, baseball writer for the Atlanta Journal-Constitution, is a big indie rock fan. Jason Isbell, former guitarist for Drive-By Truckers and current leader of the band the 400 Unit is a huge Braves fan. So it makes sense that O’Brien interviewed Isbell.
And the interview is great, both for baseball and music purposes. One question was why it seems like there are so many indie rockers into baseball:
I think the pace of the game, along with the intelligence involved, keeps a lot of us artsy types interested. Somehow baseball doesn’t seem as “jock” centered as other major sports.
Meanwhile, Hank Williams Jr. likes football. I rest my case.
That aside, great interview. Check it out.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)