Dec 15, 2011, 2:01 PM EDT
Dave O’Brien, baseball writer for the Atlanta Journal-Constitution, is a big indie rock fan. Jason Isbell, former guitarist for Drive-By Truckers and current leader of the band the 400 Unit is a huge Braves fan. So it makes sense that O’Brien interviewed Isbell.
And the interview is great, both for baseball and music purposes. One question was why it seems like there are so many indie rockers into baseball:
I think the pace of the game, along with the intelligence involved, keeps a lot of us artsy types interested. Somehow baseball doesn’t seem as “jock” centered as other major sports.
Meanwhile, Hank Williams Jr. likes football. I rest my case.
That aside, great interview. Check it out.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 56
- Rangers snap Astros’ 10-game winning streak 7
- UPDATE: Hanley Ramirez exits game with a left shoulder sprain 27
- Nelson Cruz, Adrian Gonzalez named Players of the Month 18
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 95
- Report: Brewers hire Craig Counsell to replace Ron Roenicke 26
- Brewers fire manager Ron Roenicke 55
- Jordan Walden lands on disabled list with biceps injury 11
- Torii Hunter doesn’t care what Floyd Mayweather has done outside of the boxing ring (140)
- The Orioles will play to no fans tomorrow; this weekend’s series will move to Tropicana Field (125)
- Buck Showalter had some wise words about what’s happening in Baltimore (123)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (120)
- Some anti-DH counterpoints (102)