Dec 15, 2011, 2:01 PM EST
Dave O’Brien, baseball writer for the Atlanta Journal-Constitution, is a big indie rock fan. Jason Isbell, former guitarist for Drive-By Truckers and current leader of the band the 400 Unit is a huge Braves fan. So it makes sense that O’Brien interviewed Isbell.
And the interview is great, both for baseball and music purposes. One question was why it seems like there are so many indie rockers into baseball:
I think the pace of the game, along with the intelligence involved, keeps a lot of us artsy types interested. Somehow baseball doesn’t seem as “jock” centered as other major sports.
Meanwhile, Hank Williams Jr. likes football. I rest my case.
That aside, great interview. Check it out.
- Matt Kemp remains “in play” for the Red Sox 39
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi 89
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran 121
- Mike Napoli agrees to two-year, $32 million deal with Red Sox 36
- Curtis Granderson leaves Yankees for Mets (and $60 million) 68
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (121)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (108)