Dec 15, 2011, 2:43 PM EST
There seemingly hasn’t been much movement on the Prince Fielder front since Albert Pujols signed with the Angels, but now Jerry Crasnick of ESPN.com reports that the Cubs are “stepping up their pursuit of Fielder.”
What that means exactly is unclear, but with the Marlins saying repeatedly that they aren’t interested in throwing a ton of money at Fielder his opportunities for a huge payday are somewhat limited and the Cubs are among the few obvious fits.
Seattle has also been linked to Fielder recently and there’s speculation that Texas could make a run at him as well. And of course no one should be surprised if a “mystery team” emerges in pursuit of the Scott Boras client.
- Dan Uggla played through undiagnosed concussion in 2014 0
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 34
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 61
- Report: Hiroki Kuroda is going back to Japan 26
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15