Dec 15, 2011, 1:34 PM EDT
The Cubs have paid $20 million for a one acre parcel of land across from Wrigley Field. The purpose: to use it, eventually, for “a mixed use entertainment” project. Which is term you hear a lot on real estate circles, but which I always equate with “arcade/go-karts” because people my age once thought of that as the height of entertainment.
For now, though, the site holds a McDonalds, which will continue to operate. This has led to a conspiracy theory in some circles.
I’d say that was low-hanging fruit, but I can’t remember the last time I saw fruit anywhere near a McDonalds or near Wrigley Field.
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 6
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 77
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 79
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 70
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 103
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (86)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)