Dec 15, 2011, 1:34 PM EST
The Cubs have paid $20 million for a one acre parcel of land across from Wrigley Field. The purpose: to use it, eventually, for “a mixed use entertainment” project. Which is term you hear a lot on real estate circles, but which I always equate with “arcade/go-karts” because people my age once thought of that as the height of entertainment.
For now, though, the site holds a McDonalds, which will continue to operate. This has led to a conspiracy theory in some circles.
I’d say that was low-hanging fruit, but I can’t remember the last time I saw fruit anywhere near a McDonalds or near Wrigley Field.
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 0
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 54
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27