Dec 15, 2011, 1:34 PM EDT
The Cubs have paid $20 million for a one acre parcel of land across from Wrigley Field. The purpose: to use it, eventually, for “a mixed use entertainment” project. Which is term you hear a lot on real estate circles, but which I always equate with “arcade/go-karts” because people my age once thought of that as the height of entertainment.
For now, though, the site holds a McDonalds, which will continue to operate. This has led to a conspiracy theory in some circles.
I’d say that was low-hanging fruit, but I can’t remember the last time I saw fruit anywhere near a McDonalds or near Wrigley Field.
- The Yankees, A-Rod resolve their dispute over the $6 million milestone bonus 24
- Yankees donate $150,000 to charity to get Alex Rodriguez his 3,000th hit ball 16
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno 78
- Settling the Scores: Thursday’s results 53
- Breaking: Cardinals fire their scouting director, likely due to the Astros hacking scandal 61
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 54
- Today is the day: Marlins ace Jose Fernandez returns from Tommy John surgery 4
- A-Rod, the Yankees and the union in talks to direct his $6 million home run bonus to charity 29
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (79)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)