Dec 15, 2011, 8:45 AM EST
Holland is already team-controlled through 2015, but after next season he would become arbitration eligible and a guy with his win totals would probably stand to make a pretty penny through arbitration because that’s just how it works. As Ben Nicholson-Smith of MLBTR notes, however, several comparable pitchers to Holland have singed five year deals in the $30 million range, some with team options, some without.
Holland is coming off a year in which he went 16-5 with a 3.95 ERA and a 162/67 K/BB ratio in 198 innings. He also had four shutouts, tying for the league lead.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)