Dec 15, 2011, 8:45 AM EST
Holland is already team-controlled through 2015, but after next season he would become arbitration eligible and a guy with his win totals would probably stand to make a pretty penny through arbitration because that’s just how it works. As Ben Nicholson-Smith of MLBTR notes, however, several comparable pitchers to Holland have singed five year deals in the $30 million range, some with team options, some without.
Holland is coming off a year in which he went 16-5 with a 3.95 ERA and a 162/67 K/BB ratio in 198 innings. He also had four shutouts, tying for the league lead.
- Shin-Soo Choo agrees to seven-year, $130 million deal with Rangers 12
- Grant Balfour may file a grievance over Orioles’ decision to back out of contract 22
- Former Major Leaguer Gabe Kapler wants collisions to remain part of the game 39
- Carlos Beltran introduced by the Yankees, takes a shot at the Mets 38
- The Grant Balfour-Orioles deal is dead 25
- Hall of Fame voting expert: Greg Maddux makes it. No one else does. (105)
- I don’t know what the best baseball song is, but it ain’t John freakin’ Fogerty (101)
- Happy Birthday, Ty Cobb! (89)
- ‘Tis the season for people acting incredibly dumb (74)
- The Yankees agree to a one-year, $2 million deal with Brian Roberts (74)