Dec 15, 2011, 8:45 AM EDT
Holland is already team-controlled through 2015, but after next season he would become arbitration eligible and a guy with his win totals would probably stand to make a pretty penny through arbitration because that’s just how it works. As Ben Nicholson-Smith of MLBTR notes, however, several comparable pitchers to Holland have singed five year deals in the $30 million range, some with team options, some without.
Holland is coming off a year in which he went 16-5 with a 3.95 ERA and a 162/67 K/BB ratio in 198 innings. He also had four shutouts, tying for the league lead.
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 14
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 6
- Pirates acquire Ike Davis in a trade with the Mets 39
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 49
- VIDEO: The Yankees turned a triple play against the Rays 24
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)