Dec 15, 2011, 8:45 AM EDT
Holland is already team-controlled through 2015, but after next season he would become arbitration eligible and a guy with his win totals would probably stand to make a pretty penny through arbitration because that’s just how it works. As Ben Nicholson-Smith of MLBTR notes, however, several comparable pitchers to Holland have singed five year deals in the $30 million range, some with team options, some without.
Holland is coming off a year in which he went 16-5 with a 3.95 ERA and a 162/67 K/BB ratio in 198 innings. He also had four shutouts, tying for the league lead.
- Bochy’s championship resume ranks among game’s best 9
- Alex Gordon would have been a dead duck had he tried to score 64
- Video: Pablo Sandoval catches final out in foul territory, Giants win 2014 World Series 9
- Madison Bumgarner pitches the Giants to their third World Series win in five seasons 86
- Madison Bumgarner named World Series MVP … obviously 20
- Pablo Sandoval sets new postseason hits record 10
- There’s nothing better than a Game 7? Well, maybe there is. 23
- Report: Cubs hire Joe Maddon as manager 70
- A veteran says enough is enough when it comes to tributes for the soldiers (278)
- Jose Canseco shot his middle finger off (147)
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (142)
- Oscar Taveras dies after car accident in the Dominican Republic (140)
- 10-0! The Royals romp, tie it up at three games a piece (109)