Dec 16, 2011, 10:03 AM EDT
Barry Bonds finds out the penalty for minor hemming and hawing today, as he will be sentenced in U.S. Federal court for his April conviction.
Most likely: probation in the form of house arrest. I’m assuming his house is pretty nice, though. But that’s what other athletes in the BALCO case have gotten for single-count convictions. The feds want him to do hard time, but it just ain’t gonna happen.
But no matter what happens, this should serve as a lesson to all of you: don’t ramble for a minute before answering a question. Ever.
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 0
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 77
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 51
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 13
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 36
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 11
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 32
- Clayton Kershaw blanks the Angels over eight innings, runs consecutive scoreless innings streak to 37 20
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (205)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)