Dec 16, 2011, 10:03 AM EDT
Barry Bonds finds out the penalty for minor hemming and hawing today, as he will be sentenced in U.S. Federal court for his April conviction.
Most likely: probation in the form of house arrest. I’m assuming his house is pretty nice, though. But that’s what other athletes in the BALCO case have gotten for single-count convictions. The feds want him to do hard time, but it just ain’t gonna happen.
But no matter what happens, this should serve as a lesson to all of you: don’t ramble for a minute before answering a question. Ever.
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 10
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 61
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 12
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 111
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 57
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (111)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (88)