Dec 16, 2011, 10:03 AM EDT
Barry Bonds finds out the penalty for minor hemming and hawing today, as he will be sentenced in U.S. Federal court for his April conviction.
Most likely: probation in the form of house arrest. I’m assuming his house is pretty nice, though. But that’s what other athletes in the BALCO case have gotten for single-count convictions. The feds want him to do hard time, but it just ain’t gonna happen.
But no matter what happens, this should serve as a lesson to all of you: don’t ramble for a minute before answering a question. Ever.
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 14
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 6
- Pirates acquire Ike Davis in a trade with the Mets 39
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 49
- VIDEO: The Yankees turned a triple play against the Rays 24
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)