Dec 16, 2011, 10:03 AM EDT
Barry Bonds finds out the penalty for minor hemming and hawing today, as he will be sentenced in U.S. Federal court for his April conviction.
Most likely: probation in the form of house arrest. I’m assuming his house is pretty nice, though. But that’s what other athletes in the BALCO case have gotten for single-count convictions. The feds want him to do hard time, but it just ain’t gonna happen.
But no matter what happens, this should serve as a lesson to all of you: don’t ramble for a minute before answering a question. Ever.
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 9
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 26
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 43
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 18
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 34
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11
- Ruben Amaro apologizes for comments about fans, admits he may have been late on rebuild 24
- Jonathan Lucroy expected to rejoin the Brewers on Monday 0
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)
- Ichiro Suzuki passes Babe Ruth on the all-time hits list (76)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (71)
- Ruben Amaro dismisses fans who “bitch and complain” about the Phillies’ moves (71)