Dec 16, 2011, 12:30 PM EDT
We’ve reached the time of the offseason where no one really knows anything, some of the people who claim to are lying and you may as well just hit refresh every 20 minutes for another contradictory report.
Not gonna say I don’t like that a little bit. Not gonna lie to you.
Anyway, Prince Fielder is the dude getting that treatment this year. In the past 24 hours the Cubs’ interest in him has been reported as hot and cold and hot again. Today the Cubs’ press spoke to manager Dale Sveum, however, and — via the Twitter feed of CSNChicago.com’s Patrick Mooney, he said that the team has had no conversations with Fielder. He went on, adding “”At this point, I think it’s a lot of media talking more than us doing anything.”
Well, duh. It’s December. That’s what we do.
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 22
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 21
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 19
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 38
- Josh Hamilton will join the Rangers on Monday 6
- UPDATE: David Wright diagnosed with spinal stenosis 23
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 39
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)