Dec 16, 2011, 12:30 PM EDT
We’ve reached the time of the offseason where no one really knows anything, some of the people who claim to are lying and you may as well just hit refresh every 20 minutes for another contradictory report.
Not gonna say I don’t like that a little bit. Not gonna lie to you.
Anyway, Prince Fielder is the dude getting that treatment this year. In the past 24 hours the Cubs’ interest in him has been reported as hot and cold and hot again. Today the Cubs’ press spoke to manager Dale Sveum, however, and — via the Twitter feed of CSNChicago.com’s Patrick Mooney, he said that the team has had no conversations with Fielder. He went on, adding “”At this point, I think it’s a lot of media talking more than us doing anything.”
Well, duh. It’s December. That’s what we do.
- Playoff Reset: Both AL Division Series Get Underway 0
- Madison Bumgarner delivers a shutout as Giants roll past Pirates in NL Wild Card Game 14
- Angels announce ALDS rotation: Jered Weaver in Game 1, Matt Shoemaker for Game 2 2
- The beauty of belief 50
- MLB to test new pace-of-play rules in the Arizona Fall League — including a pitch clock 44
- Playoff Reset: The National League Wild Card Game 15
- Video: Salvador Perez walks off Royals in Wild Card Game 3
- Small ball prevails … in a 9-8 game 25
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Barry Bonds discovered to be “glassing” — it’s just as bad as you think (90)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (85)
- Ned Yost on the sixth inning and his bullpen usage: “its just one of those things” (82)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (80)