Dec 16, 2011, 12:30 PM EDT
We’ve reached the time of the offseason where no one really knows anything, some of the people who claim to are lying and you may as well just hit refresh every 20 minutes for another contradictory report.
Not gonna say I don’t like that a little bit. Not gonna lie to you.
Anyway, Prince Fielder is the dude getting that treatment this year. In the past 24 hours the Cubs’ interest in him has been reported as hot and cold and hot again. Today the Cubs’ press spoke to manager Dale Sveum, however, and — via the Twitter feed of CSNChicago.com’s Patrick Mooney, he said that the team has had no conversations with Fielder. He went on, adding “”At this point, I think it’s a lot of media talking more than us doing anything.”
Well, duh. It’s December. That’s what we do.
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 0
- Clayton Kershaw blanks the Angels over eight innings, runs consecutive scoreless innings streak to 37 3
- Clayton Kershaw and Mike Trout make MLB history in Saturday’s matchup 8
- Matt Williams on Bryce Harper’s ejection: “He needs to stay in the baseball game” 35
- UPDATE: C.J. Wilson needs elbow surgery and will likely miss the rest of the season 11
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 41
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 182
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 74
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (182)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)