Dec 16, 2011, 12:30 PM EDT
We’ve reached the time of the offseason where no one really knows anything, some of the people who claim to are lying and you may as well just hit refresh every 20 minutes for another contradictory report.
Not gonna say I don’t like that a little bit. Not gonna lie to you.
Anyway, Prince Fielder is the dude getting that treatment this year. In the past 24 hours the Cubs’ interest in him has been reported as hot and cold and hot again. Today the Cubs’ press spoke to manager Dale Sveum, however, and — via the Twitter feed of CSNChicago.com’s Patrick Mooney, he said that the team has had no conversations with Fielder. He went on, adding “”At this point, I think it’s a lot of media talking more than us doing anything.”
Well, duh. It’s December. That’s what we do.
- Lance Lynn expects to make next scheduled start despite suffering ankle injury Saturday 2
- Cubs expected to call up Javier Baez on September 1 5
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 13
- A fan died at Turner Field after falling from the upper deck 53
- Mets acquire Addison Reed from the Diamondbacks 10
- Vin Scully says 2016 will be his last season of broadcasting 31
- Edwin Encarnacion slugs three home runs as Blue Jays thrash Tigers 18
- Mark Teixeira says he’s having “serious pain” when he tries to run 14
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)