Dec 16, 2011, 12:30 PM EDT
We’ve reached the time of the offseason where no one really knows anything, some of the people who claim to are lying and you may as well just hit refresh every 20 minutes for another contradictory report.
Not gonna say I don’t like that a little bit. Not gonna lie to you.
Anyway, Prince Fielder is the dude getting that treatment this year. In the past 24 hours the Cubs’ interest in him has been reported as hot and cold and hot again. Today the Cubs’ press spoke to manager Dale Sveum, however, and — via the Twitter feed of CSNChicago.com’s Patrick Mooney, he said that the team has had no conversations with Fielder. He went on, adding “”At this point, I think it’s a lot of media talking more than us doing anything.”
Well, duh. It’s December. That’s what we do.
- Giants rout Royals 11-4 in Game 4 to even up the World Series at 2-2 14
- Mike Trout, Giancarlo Stanton win the Hank Aaron Award 1
- World Series, Game 4: Royals vs. Giants lineups 1
- Report: Rays owner Stuart Sternberg has discussed moving the team to Montreal 62
- Dave Dombrowski on Miguel Cabrera: “It’s worse than what we ever would have anticipated” 33
- World Series Reset: Can the Giants even things up? 4
- Behind strong bullpen, Royals edge Giants 3-2 to take a 2-1 World Series lead 36
- Paul Konerko, Jimmy Rollins named co-winners of the Roberto Clemente Award 4
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (143)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (109)
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? (107)