Dec 16, 2011, 5:24 PM EDT
Heard this: the Washington Nationals signed Jason Michaels to a minor league deal. He hit .199/.256/.295 last year and then had hand surgery. If he makes the Nats he’ll be a reserve outfielder. I wouldn’t hold my breath on him making the Nats.
OK, I’m gonna cop to writing this out of desperation. There has been very little news for the last couple hours and I told Twitter that some actual baseball news had to happen. This Michaels news was the best thing anyone spit out. Well, Dirk Hayhurst tweeted that he was working on a knuckleball, but I’m not sure he wasn’t pullin’ my chain. If not, though, yes, that’s legitimately cool.
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 0
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 8
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 28
- Clayton Kershaw blanks the Angels over eight innings, runs consecutive scoreless innings streak to 37 19
- Clayton Kershaw and Mike Trout make MLB history in Saturday’s matchup 13
- Matt Williams on Bryce Harper’s ejection: “He needs to stay in the baseball game” 42
- UPDATE: C.J. Wilson needs elbow surgery and will likely miss the rest of the season 14
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 45
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (188)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)