Dec 16, 2011, 5:24 PM EDT
Heard this: the Washington Nationals signed Jason Michaels to a minor league deal. He hit .199/.256/.295 last year and then had hand surgery. If he makes the Nats he’ll be a reserve outfielder. I wouldn’t hold my breath on him making the Nats.
OK, I’m gonna cop to writing this out of desperation. There has been very little news for the last couple hours and I told Twitter that some actual baseball news had to happen. This Michaels news was the best thing anyone spit out. Well, Dirk Hayhurst tweeted that he was working on a knuckleball, but I’m not sure he wasn’t pullin’ my chain. If not, though, yes, that’s legitimately cool.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 29
- MLB suspends Jonathan Papelbon seven games for incident during Sunday’s game 41
- VIDEO: Jacob deGrom begins game with eight straight strikeouts to tie MLB record 10
- Bud Selig says MLB and players union will meet this week about domestic abuse policy 8
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 67
- Cuban slugger Yasmani Tomas to command $100 million? 30
- Bruce and Brett Bochy make MLB history 33
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 17
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- A few thoughts about the discrimination lawsuit against the Mets (91)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (87)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)