Dec 16, 2011, 5:24 PM EDT
Heard this: the Washington Nationals signed Jason Michaels to a minor league deal. He hit .199/.256/.295 last year and then had hand surgery. If he makes the Nats he’ll be a reserve outfielder. I wouldn’t hold my breath on him making the Nats.
OK, I’m gonna cop to writing this out of desperation. There has been very little news for the last couple hours and I told Twitter that some actual baseball news had to happen. This Michaels news was the best thing anyone spit out. Well, Dirk Hayhurst tweeted that he was working on a knuckleball, but I’m not sure he wasn’t pullin’ my chain. If not, though, yes, that’s legitimately cool.
- Giants win protest, will complete rain-halted game at Wrigley Field on Thursday afternoon 11
- Royals might actually know what they are doing 23
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco 70
- Clown shoes in Chicago: the Cubs grounds crew couldn’t get the tarp on the field 58
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 69
- Tony La Russa denies that Kirk Gibson’s job is safe 22
- Pirates activate Andrew McCutchen from the disabled list 2
- HBT Daily: They’ve dropped six straight, but the Pirates may be the Wild Card favorites 2
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (126)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- Let’s speed up the pace of play. But let’s not be gimmicky about it. Let’s just enforce the rules. (74)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (69)
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco (69)